Dominic James and Jerel McNeal vs Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford

Original Rookie

Who is the better duo?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better duo?

I'll be a homer and take UK's duo. I really don't know much about Marquette's guys, so I won't argue either way. I'd say they're pretty comparable so it comes down to personal preference. It's a good matchup for UK as an 11 seed...I can't complain.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say UK's are better defensively as I haven't watched Marquette enough to know but Crawford has become a very good defender under BCG. Before this year defense was not in Crawford's vocabulary but this year he has developed the ability to lock guys down. Bradley also has become head and shoulders better this year. That said James may be one of the best all around guards in the country.

This should be very fun to watch.

Harris has become a very good defender and Jasper is also. I think when UK has Joe, Ramel, Ramon, Derrick, and Perry on the floor they have a very good defensive team. Harris @ 6'7" can defend the Guard spot look what he did against Downy(Mr. Greased Lighting). I really don't think defense will be the issue with the Cats. Offense that might be a different animal. We can not have Bradley going 4-17 and they will need to get back on track with their foul shooting. This is a very winnable game for the Cats. I am not that optimistic with a match up against Stanford.

He is much to fast for them I think. It will have to be Bradley or Crawford. I wouldn't be surprised to see Porter get a decent amount of playing time in this game guarding James or McNeal.

You wouldnt say that Downey was too fast for Harris? You will be suprised what length can do.

I have watched both numerous times. Bradley and Crawford are better scoreres (marginally). McNeal is regarded as one of the top defenders in the country. He has been highly ranked in the steals department all year. James is a streaky shooter and decent defender. Matthews is the key though. He is a solid 3rd guard. Defense and Offense. They also have a big time Power foward is really a three playing the four. Very athletic and good shooter. Lazar Haywood.

Marquette plays really good defense. I agree, UK has got better on defense, but they don't match Marq.'s defensive efforts. It is a good match-up for UK, in the fact they don't have much size. But they hustle and are very athletic. This is something the Cats struggle with.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Marquette a little bit. They knocked off Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Pitt, and nearly beat Duke. I wouldn't sell them short. They go as McNeal goes, he is the key to their team.

You wouldnt say that Downey was too fast for Harris? You will be suprised what length can do.

I think Harris will guard James. I don't see how James could be any faster then Downey. Harris's length and being able to deny the player the ball is his defense. Once the player gets the ball it may be different scenario.

These four guys are VERY even. It's going to come down to the supporting cast. Stevenson, Jasper, Harris and Porter or Hayward, Barro, Mathews and Cubillan...

I respect your opinion because I know you watch a LOT of basketball.

I have watched Marquette 7 or 8 times this season, UK every game.

I would say the matchup is pretty much a wash. Both duos have potential to score well, both duos defend well. UK's guards are required to carry a little more of the load...

Really interesting/good matchup.

These four guys are VERY even. It's going to come down to the supporting cast. Stevenson, Jasper, Harris and Porter or Hayward, Barro, Mathews and Cubillan...

How do you call Hayward a supporting cast member? He is the second leading scorer and top rebounder on the team. I agree the four mentioned guards are very even.

But Hayward and Matthews are much better than any of the "supporting" players you mentioned.