Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dominic James and Jerel McNeal vs Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford

Who is the better duo? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the better duo?

    • James/McNeal
      26%
    • Bradley/Crawford
      73%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Have you told BCG this?

 

He is trying to add some insight to the conversation unlike some post. :rolleyes:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have watched both numerous times. Bradley and Crawford are better scoreres (marginally). McNeal is regarded as one of the top defenders in the country. He has been highly ranked in the steals department all year. James is a streaky shooter and decent defender. Matthews is the key though. He is a solid 3rd guard. Defense and Offense. They also have a big time Power foward is really a three playing the four. Very athletic and good shooter. Lazar Haywood.

 

Marquette plays really good defense. I agree, UK has got better on defense, but they don't match Marq.'s defensive efforts. It is a good match-up for UK, in the fact they don't have much size. But they hustle and are very athletic. This is something the Cats struggle with.

 

I think a lot of people are underestimating Marquette a little bit. They knocked off Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Pitt, and nearly beat Duke. I wouldn't sell them short. They go as McNeal goes, he is the key to their team.

 

I don't really think anyone is selling Marquette short. At least I am not. I think most are saying this is a good match up between a 6 and 11. The line on the game will probably show Marquette as the favorite, but I like the Cats chances in this one. The Cats need to not dig themselves a hole in the beginning of the game as they usually do and hit their foul shots. I think there defense will be just fine. Its there offense that I worry about.

No, I will call him later.

 

Just can't see a 6'6" SF guarding a 5'9" pg.

 

Then I guess you didn't watch the South Carolina game?

I don't really think anyone is selling Marquette short. At least I am not. I think most are saying this is a good match up between a 6 and 11. The line on the game will probably show Marquette as the favorite, but I like the Cats chances in this one. The Cats need to not dig themselves a hole in the beginning of the game as they usually do and hit their foul shots. I think there defense will be just fine. Its there offense that I worry about.

 

I agree, it is a favorable match-up because Marq. doesn't have a "post" player. In which Uk doesn't either. The only difference is Marq. never has post players, and their guards are great rebounders. Should be a fun game to watch.

Then I guess you didn't watch the South Carolina game?

 

James and Downey are different type of pg's.

 

Plus you are missing my point, Marq has three good guards. Two of them are a lot bigger than James. Harris will have to guard one of the bigger guards. Plus, Harris did not guard Downey from tip to end. Just like he didn't guard Gaines the whole game the other night.

James and Downey are different type of pg's.

 

Plus you are missing my point, Marq has three good guards. Two of them are a lot bigger than James. Harris will have to guard one of the bigger guards. Plus, Harris did not guard Downey from tip to end. Just like he didn't guard Gaines the whole game the other night.

 

You may be right in who Harris guards in the Marq game, but your statement said Just can't see a 6'6" SF guarding a 5'9" pg. I was stating the facts that Harris has and can guard a 5'9" pg with an example.

James and Downey my be different, but both are fast. I would go with Downey as being the better scorer, JMO.

You may be right in who Harris guards in the Marq game, but your statement said Just can't see a 6'6" SF guarding a 5'9" pg. I was stating the facts that Harris has and can guard a 5'9" pg with an example.

James and Downey my be different, but both are fast. I would go with Downey as being the better scorer, JMO.

 

Can't really compare USC and Marq. USC has one player, Downey. You can put all the focus on him. He is the only perimeter player they have. Downey and James are very similar players. I think Downey is more steady and better at driving to the basket, James is a better athlete and pure jump shooter.

I agree, it is a favorable match-up because Marq. doesn't have a "post" player. In which Uk doesn't either. The only difference is Marq. never has post players, and their guards are great rebounders. Should be a fun game to watch.

 

UK Guards Marq Guards

6"5" Crawford 3.6 rb 5'11" James 2.7 rb

6"2" Bradley 4.2 rb 6'3" McNeal 4.8 rb

6'6" Jasper 5.4 rb 6'5" Matthews 4.4 rb

Total 13.2 rb per game Total 11.9 rb per game

 

It seems UKs guards can rebound also. I think on paper these teams match up pretty well. Scoring averages totaled for the this list of guards is Marq. 38.5 ppg to UK 37.5ppg.

UK Guards Marq Guards

6"5" Crawford 3.6 rb 5'11" James 2.7 rb

6"2" Bradley 4.2 rb 6'3" McNeal 4.8 rb

6'6" Jasper 5.4 rb 6'5" Matthews 4.4 rb

Total 13.2 rb per game Total 11.9 rb per game

 

It seems UKs guards can rebound also. I think on paper these teams match up pretty well. Scoring averages totaled for the this list of guards is Marq. 38.5 ppg to UK 37.5ppg.

 

Main problem with comparing stats with these two teams is the amount of minutes Bradley and Crawford are playing compared to the Marquette guards.

Who knows if that hurts or helps your stats.

 

The numbers are pretty equal on those three, now tell me how they check Hayward?

Main problem with comparing stats with these two teams is the amount of minutes Bradley and Crawford are playing compared to the Marquette guards.

Who knows if that hurts or helps your stats.

 

The numbers are pretty equal on those three, now tell me how they check Hayward?

 

Hayward 13ppg 6.5 rb

Stevenson 5.8 ppg 5.1 rb

But since the four games PP has been out Stevenson's numbers have came up to 9.3ppg 10 rb.

I am not sure who their 5th starter is of right now for Marq. they show one player starting 17 game and another starting 13 games. Both of those players are averaging about the same as Harris. Marq. averages 75.9 points per game and the Cats average 68.6

Hayward 13ppg 6.5 rb

Stevenson 5.8 ppg 5.1 rb

But since the four games PP has been out Stevenson's numbers have came up to 9.3ppg 10 rb.

 

OK... those numbers are pretty even too, but how do you think Dwight Perry and Jared Carter will compare to Marquette's bench?

OK... those numbers are pretty even too, but how do you think Dwight Perry and Jared Carter will compare to Marquette's bench?

 

Actually, I believe Stevenson is off our bench. :D What do they have on their bench that we can't handle. They can only put 5 players on the floor at a time and looking at the stats those players are not burning it up. You know as well as I that our players are used to the 38-40 minute games. I am going out on a limb and say their bench is not going to make a difference unless we get into foul trouble. The Big East is known for a slow pace game, but I have not seen the BCG slow down style there this season.

I'll take the Big East battle tested duo.

Min Pts. Rbs. Ast. Stl. Blk. TO FG% FT% 3P%

 

James 30.1 13.0 2.7 4.3 1.8 .2 2.2 .406 .656 .317

 

McNeil 29.9 14.3 4.8 3.6 2.2 .4 2.8 .449 .698 .296

 

Bradley 35.0 15.8 4.2 3.3 1.7 .2 3.3 .422 .826 .382

 

Crawford 33.4 17.3 3.6 2.1 .6 .2 2.7 .462 .779 .352

 

 

James / McNeil appear to be better defensively, but Bradley / Crawford are better shooters. I agree with what others have said. These 4 will likely cancel each other out and whomever gets the better play from the supporting cast should get the victory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.