Tate Cox??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint Stepp has visited Rose Hill and UHA. I believe Clark turned down the offer from Morehead but am not sure, he will visit UK again sometime soon.

I guess he's down to 3 more official visits... oh, wait - those are the college rules for visits. The KHSAA hasn't established how many official visits a kid can make.

Clark was at Georgetown just before the NAIA tournament started. Coach Happy Osborne said this on a radio show 2-3 days before they left to play in the tournament. He was positive that Clark would be there next season. One thing that he doesn't know is that when the Stepps are involved, nothing is concrete.

And it is getting tiresome to hear all these remarks that he's going to UK to play. He may go to UK, but he won't play ball there. He's NAIA or less caliber. I even read in the local paper this past week that Clark would be at Alice Lloyd. The Stepps have taken over the program at ALC. So, take everything with a grain of salt.

KHSAA has their own rules and they change with the value of currency. HYPOCRISY!

Does that mean there are some eligibility issues? I still don't see how they can play at Knott unless JBS closes or at least drops the basketball program.

Clark Stepp has signed with ALC. Morehead, EKU both told him that they couldnt offer him a free ride. Tate Cox will be eligible to play next year because the sports will not be part of JBS next year. Next year the sports will be gone and the following year, the school will be closed. Its due to funding. Thats the major reason that JBS is closing its doors.

It would not surprise me to see Tate Cox ineligible and Dakota Euton eligible. I have no faith in the KHSAA and their policy enforcement.

I think there would be a difference between the 2 cases. Euton is moving addresses. Cox already lives in Knott Co. (I assume if he went to JBS). If JBS closes their sports program than he should be eligible, I think. It would be wrong if he wasn't. If JBS still had basketball next year and he transeferred to Knott Central without moving addresses, he ouwld probably be ruled ineligible. Once again with the KHSAA who knows though.....

It would not surprise me to see Tate Cox ineligible and Dakota Euton eligible. I have no faith in the KHSAA and their policy enforcement.

As JimmyV said, the cases are different. Euton will probably be eligible because he is MOVING. Cox can't move to Knott County if he already lives in Knott County. That's the only school in the state where he probably couldn't be eligible, unless JBS closes or drops the program.

The KHSAA has done a good job lately on transfers from what I've seen.