Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tate Cox??

Featured Replies

Where does Cox live?

 

 

 

Tate Cox lives just over the mountain from June B and KCC. It is about 5 miles to June B schools or it is 5 miles the other way to KCC, maybe even less than that.

Gas prices shouldn't be a factor.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the other Stepp going to transfer?

 

Better question, will Clint be bringing his 30 three point attempts per game with him?

Better question, will Clint be bringing his 30 three point attempts per game with him?

 

Not unless (if true) the new coach has the last name Stepp.:laugh:

Tate Cox lives just over the mountain from June B and KCC. It is about 5 miles to June B schools or it is 5 miles the other way to KCC, maybe even less than that.

Gas prices shouldn't be a factor.

 

So, does he live in Knott County?

So, does he live in Knott County?

 

Yes.

 

All the JBS students mentioned have visited. It is unclear if they have transferred. They did visit and should decide before to long.

 

KCC's basketball coach status is, also, unclear. The only thing that I had heard was about an assistant with the initials of T.C. Nothing definite. I do know that Amburgey will not, at this time, be Knott Central's coach next season. This comes from a highly respectable source. And you all know I don't give up my sources. :sssh:

And the June Buchanan dynasty crumbles ...

Does he (Cox) have to sit out a year for transferring?

 

That's one of the questions that has to be answered for these boys. If JBS is closing, I assume that there should not be any eligibility issues.

And the June Buchanan dynasty crumbles ...

I wouldn't say dynasty, maybe June B.'s run

 

:flame:

:flame:June B

:flame:

Yes.

 

All the JBS students mentioned have visited. It is unclear if they have transferred. They did visit and should decide before to long.

 

KCC's basketball coach status is, also, unclear. The only thing that I had heard was about an assistant with the initials of T.C. Nothing definite. I do know that Amburgey will not, at this time, be Knott Central's coach next season. This comes from a highly respectable source. And you all know I don't give up my sources. :sssh:

 

Does this source have any names for replacment in mind?;)

I wouldn't say dynasty, maybe June B.'s run

 

:flame:

:flame:June B

:flame:

There was some sarcasm there ... ;)
That's one of the questions that has to be answered for these boys. If JBS is closing, I assume that there should not be any eligibility issues.

I agree. If the school is closing or shutting down their sports program, (assuming the high school closes after next year, but decides not to have sports next year), I would think the KHSAA would waive any eligibility problems with the transfers. And June Buchanan being located in Knott County will make the decision that much easier for the KSHAA. Just an opinion, but I'd say that's how it will be.

Knott County Central will be a force next year if all this unfolds.

The only thing that I had heard was about an assistant with the initials of T.C. Nothing definite.

 

You're talking about Cavanaugh (sp?) Trent from Letcher County Central. That rumor has been floating around for a while now. My understanding is that the Cox family and Stamper family are firmly behind Amburgy..

I thought Coach Amburgey done a great job in his short time there. The only thing that happened was he lost to a very good Cordia team in the District. Knott will NEVER have a good program if they don't stop changing coaches. Let them do their jobs. Give them at least 3-4 years to see what direction the program is going. Ridiculous. Knott seems to be better now than they have in a couple years. It is very hard for kids to adapt to a new coach every other year.

  • Author

I was told there were 3 JBS visitors to KCC yesterday and as of 3:00 P.M. that Cox was a Patriot. The other 2 will follow this week. No mention of Stepp.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.