Ameristop/Shell going bankrupt???

letabrotherspeak

I saw this as well. Thankfully the Gold Star right next door is doing just fine! :thumb:

I don't live in Independence any longer but I visit my mother a few times per month, and I couldn't believe it was closed. Growing up, Ameristop and In/Out were all we had close by.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very True Guru.........The profits on soda, and candy are almost double. I have always been told that there is no profit on gas (for atleast the store owners). BP, Shell, and Marathon are showing record profits right now, while everyone else is squeezing their pocket books. I have parked my f-250 diesel because I refuse to pay $3.50 a gallon.

Don't know about candy. There is not a 100% markup on "sodas".

This was a great chain of stores founded by the Hancock family. Sold out to a group of investors who mismanaged it from day one. The franchise owners are getting hit hard. Just another example of corporate accounting takeover for short term gain and walking away when it hits hard. The day they put up the headquarters for sale and could not close because they could not get liens removed spoke of the prediction this was a company going nowhere fast.

Don't know about candy. There is not a 100% markup on "sodas".

I know of a local business that has a vending machine that sells the soda in the bottles for $0.75 as of today. If the store sells them for $1.39 and the vending machine has it for $0.75, I would think that they are not selling them below cost in the vending machaine. The local country store sells the soda bottles at $2.99 for a 6 pack.(Thats under $0.50 per bottle) I don't know what they are paying for their drinks, but it sure seems to me that they are atleast doubling their money.

When my sister was the store manager at a local McDonalds she showed me where a large soda cost them .7 cents but sold for way over a dollar so you figure the mark up.

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous how cheap fountain soda's are for businesses. That is why a lot of businesses will give their employees free fountain sodas because of how much they make off of selling just one.

I know of a local business that has a vending machine that sells the soda in the bottles for $0.75 as of today. If the store sells them for $1.39 and the vending machine has it for $0.75, I would think that they are not selling them below cost in the vending machaine. The local country store sells the soda bottles at $2.99 for a 6 pack.(Thats under $0.50 per bottle) I don't know what they are paying for their drinks, but it sure seems to me that they are atleast doubling their money.

What size are the bottles? You can't buy 20 oz dews in a 6 pk. so they must be smaller? If a business is vending 20 oz bottles for .75 you should buy them all.

What size are the bottles? You can't buy 20 oz dews in a 6 pk. so they must be smaller? If a business is vending 20 oz bottles for .75 you should buy them all.

Ok I check the 6 packs today and you are right they are not 20oz.......... the 6 packs are 24oz. bottles. 6/24oz. bottles for $2.99 everyday! Thats under $0.50 per bottle. I'll check the vending machaine the next time I'm at the store and see what the onces are next week.