Meeks with sports hernia, done for year?

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. The conspiracy theories always amaze me. I'm sure that there were plenty of games that Meeks wanted to play in that they wouldn't let him.

It is a very fine line to balance when to bring a player back. I'm sure had they thought he wouldn't be better by the end of the season they wouldn't have played him. They are not idiots, and they want to win both now and in the future.

I seem to remember a whole bunch of people accusing Billy of bringing Jasper back too early. He is still not 100%, but he gets better every week.

How many of the same people complained that Pitino didn't play Anderson in the Championship game.

I doubt that anyone here is privy to what is going on in the training room.

Like Mobaar said, hindsight is 20/20.

I missed something, conspiracy theory? Who said Billy Clyde had a nefarious scheme to ruin Meeks' career, twisting his mustache and chortling to himself in the watches of the night? I just question Meeks continually coming back from injury before he was ready (and I don't think that's disputable, look at how he plays a game and is out for two weeks about 20 times this season.)

Please. The conspiracy theories always amaze me. I'm sure that there were plenty of games that Meeks wanted to play in that they wouldn't let him.

It is a very fine line to balance when to bring a player back. I'm sure had they thought he wouldn't be better by the end of the season they wouldn't have played him. They are not idiots, and they want to win both now and in the future.

I seem to remember a whole bunch of people accusing Billy of bringing Jasper back too early. He is still not 100%, but he gets better every week.

How many of the same people complained that Pitino didn't play Anderson in the Championship game.

I doubt that anyone here is privy to what is going on in the training room.

Like Mobaar said, hindsight is 20/20.

Pretty good post. The only problem I have is the way he played Meeks in some games. Because Im sure Meeks was wanting to play and sometimes probably told Billy G he was good enough to play. I mean the fact is his VERY weird substitution pattern he has had in some games involving Meeks, can very well cost Meeks a year of eligibility. The way he went about it, is something you really never seen in college basketball, or well at any levels of basketball. I mean if this was a smart decision like some people have tried to say, you would think you would see more coaches do that. That is the only problem I really have with it.

First off he could apply for a medical redshirt or hardship or whatever it is called despite going over the limit.

However, you don't apply for those until after you complete your four years and if he comes back and progresses he won't need another year.

Sports Hernia's are very difficult to detect because it does not present itself like a typical hernia. Usually they are found after excluding other soft tissue areas, gall baldder and so forth.

Just a tough break for Jodie.

First off he could apply for a medical redshirt or hardship or whatever it is called despite going over the limit.

However, you don't apply for those until after you complete your four years and if he comes back and progresses he won't need another year.

Sports Hernia's are very difficult to detect because it does not present itself like a typical hernia. Usually they are found after excluding other soft tissue areas, gall baldder and so forth.

Just a tough break for Jodie.

I still want to know if this is true or not? Everyone keeps commenting about this, but do any of us know if this is true yet or not? I know you mentioned that this is something you just heard, but wasn't sure if it was true yet or not.

I missed something, conspiracy theory? Who said Billy Clyde had a nefarious scheme to ruin Meeks' career, twisting his mustache and chortling to himself in the watches of the night? I just question Meeks continually coming back from injury before he was ready (and I don't think that's disputable, look at how he plays a game and is out for two weeks about 20 times this season.)

This is a symptom of a sports hernia. You can be pain free for a day and go and nothing will bother you, then the following day it is painful.

(and I don't think that's disputable, look at how he plays a game and is out for two weeks about 20 times this season.)

The only time Jodie has come back and sat out the next game was when he played at Houston, then sat out vs Tennessee Tech. He did play the next 3 games though.

Here is the way it happened

Play 2 - (C. Ark, GW)

Miss 6 - (Liberty, Tex Southern, Stony Brook, UNC, IU, UAB)

Play 1 - (Houston)

Miss 1 - (Tenn Tech)

Play 3 - (USD, Fla Intl, UofL)

Miss 2 - (Vandy, Miss St)

Play 3 - (UF, UT, USC)

Miss 3 - (UGA, Auburn, Bama)

Play 2 - (Vandy, LSU)

Miss ? - (UGA, Ark, ...)

So here is the plan. Let's play Meeks just enough games where he will stay hurt and then we can't redshirt him. Instead of 3 full years we only have him for 2 years.

I am sure that was the original plan for Meeks all year.

Who said that was the "plan"? It's just likely the end result...

Does anyone know for sure what the percentage of games you can play before u can apply for a medical reshirt? I've always thought is what 10%. If this is the case, then the argument whether BCG ruined a year of Meeks eligibility is a non issue. Besides, doesn't the doctors have to have a say so whether Meeks plays or not. If anyone on this board was a coach and the doctors clear him to play and the player says he can play, then you're going to play him. Ricky Boy was faced with the same situation and he didn't play Anderson. Everyone blamed Ricky for not winning the championship because he didn't play DA. Bottom line, this is just another opportunity for some people to take a shot at BCG.