Hillary on guns?

HOOKSHOT

I believe that parents should be held accountable. How many senseless shootings have occurred by very young children that have resulted in the injury or death of a sibling or playmate? Most times, the scenario is played as a "terrible tragedy", and no one is even cited. Hold the parents responsible for irresponsibility.

I have no problem with gun ownership. I have a problem with irresponsible gun ownership.

If you were an avid golfer and you had a kid, say under 12, and he whacked another kid in the head with one of your golf clubs and killed him, should you be held accountable?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were an avid golfer and you had a kid, say under 12, and he whacked another kid in the head with one of your golf clubs and killed him, should you be held accountable?

Apples and oranges. Gun are designed to destroy a target. Whether it's made of clay, paper, or flesh. Why don't we screen for mental illness when someone goes to buy a gun? Because the NRA is against all gun control and opposes any legislation making waiting periods and background checks mandatory. Why can anyone regardless of citizenship buy a gun? Same reason. If those two laws were enacted then 5 students at NIU and 30 at VT would be alive today. Those instances some wacko went and legally bought a gun. If an Al Qaeda member wanted to buy a gun in the US and go on a shooting spree there is nothing to stop them.

Apples and oranges. Gun are designed to destroy a target. Whether it's made of clay, paper, or flesh. Why don't we screen for mental illness when someone goes to buy a gun? Because the NRA is against all gun control and opposes any legislation making waiting periods and background checks mandatory. Why can anyone regardless of citizenship buy a gun? Same reason. If those two laws were enacted then 5 students at NIU and 30 at VT would be alive today. Those instances some wacko went and legally bought a gun. If an Al Qaeda member wanted to buy a gun in the US and go on a shooting spree there is nothing to stop them.
No, not apples to oranges, they both can be deadly if misused. Keep thinking the way you do and soon you won't be an avid bird hunter. You should be thankful for the NRA, they are the only one's fighting for your rights.

Those same wackos could get a gun even easier illegally.

From the Brady Bill - Assault weapons ban

The 1994 law also prohibits manufacturers from producing firearms with more than one of the following assault weapon features:

Rifles

Folding/telescoping stock

Protruding pistol grip

Bayonet mount

Threaded muzzle or flash suppressor

Grenade launcher

So according to the Brady Bill, I could have had a rifle with a grenade launcher as long as there wasn't a bayonet mount on it?

How does the folding stock or lack there of make a weapon more or less dangerous? Beside making it easier to hide.

Bayonet Mount? Is there a problem with drive by sticking I am not aware of?

Pistol Grip on a rifle? Where is the inherent danger with this?

I ask these questions of those supporters of the assault weapons ban. I do not think this law as written made anyone any safer. Should Fully Automatic weapons be sold over the counter at Wal-Mart? No. But full auto weapons have been against the laws for years, except with ATF approval on a gun by gun case. Even then they can only be sold and possessed under intense ATF scrutiny.

The Sheriff in our county was assassinated in 2002 by a murderer hiding in the woods with a rifle. It was not an assault rifle but a 25.06 deer rifle. My point being it is not the rifle, the size of the magazine, if it has a pistol grip or a folding stock that matters. It is the person that decides to break the law that matters.

I am for full background checks (gun shows and all).

I think mental illness should be a disqualifying factor when applying for a gun.

I am against full registration of privately held guns.

I would support owning one of these however :flame:

Hillary will say anything to win.

Hillary voted for a 10-year extension of the assault weapons ban. Voted for requiring extensive background checks at gun shows. Supports licensing and registration of handguns, mandatory trigger locks for handguns, holding adults responsible for their children's use of guns, raising the youth handgun ban from age 18 to 21, limiting gun sales to one per month and allowing the Consumer Products Safety Commission regulate guns.

Sounds like a plan what is wrong with any of those restrictions .They all sound reasonable to me .

Sounds like a plan what is wrong with any of those restrictions .They all sound reasonable to me .
Read this for starters.

Registration and licensing would not reduce crime, because criminals would not register guns or get gun licenses. When someone like Hillary starts talking registration, the thought of confiscation probably isn't too far back in their mind.

The Eddie Eagle Gunsafe program has been very efficient in teaching more than 15 million children to stop, don’t touch, leave the area and tell an adult when they encounter a firearm unsupervised. In other words, education.

Arguments for the assault weapons ban are founded on emotion, not fact. Assault weapons have been incorrectly portrayed as being entirely different from other firearms. Despite their appearance, they operate like any other semi-automatic firearm, use the same ammunition as other firearms, and possess no feature or characteristic not available on other firearms.

How many senseless shootings have occurred by very young children that have resulted in the injury or death of a sibling or playmate? Most times, the scenario is played as a "terrible tragedy", and no one is even cited. Hold the parents responsible for irresponsibility.

I have no problem with gun ownership. I have a problem with irresponsible gun ownership.

Anti-gun activists exaggerate the number of firearm-related deaths among children more than 500%, by counting deaths among persons under the age of 20 as deaths of children. To these activists a 19-year-old gangster who is shot by police during a convenience store robbery is a child.

Take registration for example. Registration lists have led to gun confiscation in Australia, Bermuda, Cuba, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Jamaica, Soviet Georgia and other countries.

Hillary will say anything to win.

Hillary voted for a 10-year extension of the assault weapons ban. Voted for requiring extensive background checks at gun shows. Supports licensing and registration of handguns, mandatory trigger locks for handguns, holding adults responsible for their children's use of guns, raising the youth handgun ban from age 18 to 21, limiting gun sales to one per month and allowing the Consumer Products Safety Commission regulate guns.

As stated earlier by RTS the assault weapons ban is a lot of bluster about nothing. It has had little to no effect on gun crime in this country.

Background checks - I have no problem with that.

I am against any national registration of firearms as I think some kind of taxation would surely follow as well as a possible collection of all registered guns at some point.

Mandatory gun locks Every new gun sold in America already has gun locks that come from the manufacturer, some are separate and some are built in. Already in place

Raising the youth handgun ban from age 18 to 21, I am pretty sure you can buy a handgun under 21 anywhere in the US. I know Ky and surrounding states that is the law. Already in place

Limiting gun sales to one per month, what would this really accomplish?

Holding adults responsible for their children's use of guns, I think this depends on the actions by the parents. In all cases it is not the parents fault. Most of the time these accident occur when proper training is not given and respect for the firearms is taught to the children.

Allowing the Consumer Products Safety Commission regulate guns, they have traditionally been very slow to react to issues that have arisen in the past. I believe this needs to stay with law enforcement and I have no problem with the ATF continuing to regulate firearms.

Take registration for example. Registration lists have led to gun confiscation in Australia, Bermuda, Cuba, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Jamaica, Soviet Georgia and other countries.
And that doesn't mean that it will happen here .

As far as registration......It's none of the governments business how many guns I own. As far as laws............They only effect law abiding citizens. I love my 2nd amendment rights. "Shall not be infringed", Wonder what that means?? IMO this gets Hillary beat.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: