Hillary on guns?

HOOKSHOT

Some words of wisdom.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey! Don't forget me!

Do you have to call it the Blue Bird Militia? Doesn't really fit PepRock.

You're right. Sorry about that. Don't want to call it the Kentucky Militia as they may already be some radical group operating under that name. How about the "Multiple State Champs Militia". Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

Hey, HHSDad, what happened to your post, you were correct you know?

Here's another one.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American . . . . The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

Some words of wisdom.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria-Bonesana, who was also against capital punishment.

You're right. Sorry about that. Don't want to call it the Kentucky Militia as they may already be some radical group operating under that name. How about the "Multiple State Champs Militia". Yeah, that's the ticket. :D
I like it. :thumb: But if BF wants in, we charge him a hefty fee.

Question: If the philosophical logic for having an armed citizenry is to keep the government in check (i.e. impede tyranny), which is my basis for argument at least, then how does a government go about confiscating guns? Either the confiscation of guns is not tyrannical, or having guns doesn't prevent tyranny. Thoughts?

Anyone?

Anyone?
It's not only to keep the government in check, it's for self preservation every bit as much.

If the government starts confiscating all guns, I guess we'll see what happens. I don't intend to hand mine over.

Again I offer this piece of wisdom.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American . . . . The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."