Oceanic Flight 815-Spoilers-Don't read if you don't want to know

All Tell

Season premier of LOST last night. This is one of 8 episodes for this year thanks to the writers strike

What we learned:

• Apparantly only 6 people made it off the island. Jack, Hurley, Kate and 3 yet named. They must have achieved some degree of celebrity and are referred to as "The Oceanic 6".
  • First Hurley and then Jack seem to suffer mental breakdowns and feel guilty about getting off of the island and want to go back.
  • Something happened on the island that the surviivors want to be kept secret.
  • The airline may be involved in the mystery somehow.
  • While still on the island the survivors split into two groups one led by Jack and one led by Locke. Jack's group went to await the "rescuers" on the beach while Locke's group moved inland to hide from them. Kate, Sayid, Bernard, his wife, Sun and Jin stayed with Jack. Hurley, Sawyer, Claire and Aaron went with Locke.
  • Something bad apparantly happened between the two groups.
  • Ben is still trying to manipulate things to his favor and I still wish someone would get rid of him for good.

Anything that I missed or any errors that I made?

What did everyone think of the episode? I liked it and the whole flash forward thing that is now being is a good plot device.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurley apologizing was why I said I thought something happened between the two groups.

Don't forget Hurley being drawn to Jacob's cabin and it apparantly following him.

Was the man who visited Hurley at the mental hospital really a lawyer for the airline?

I thought the same thing about Kate and Sawyer but the more I thought about it the more I thought that was to simple. I'm assuming that the "he" that Kate referred to and the person in the coffin in last season's finale were 2 more that made it off the island.

Honestly, last night was the first time I'd ever watched the show... I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype... I didn't like it.

However, after digesting it, I liked it a lot more than I thought I did at the time... I'll be buying all of the 3 previous seasons to put together the pieces that I didn't quite get last night.

I can see where if you haven't followed the show and don't know the back stories it could be very hard to just jump in.

Here's a little tidbit for you. The police detective that interogated Hurley said his former partner was on 815 (Ana Lucia) and Hurley said he didn't know her. That's not true. Hurley knew her and knows that she was murdered on the island at the same time his "girlfriend" was.

Honestly, last night was the first time I'd ever watched the show... I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype... I didn't like it.

However, after digesting it, I liked it a lot more than I thought I did at the time... I'll be buying all of the 3 previous seasons to put together the pieces that I didn't quite get last night.

My suggestion:

Start TIVO'ing the new season, and watch the other 3 seasons before watching any more.

I can see where if you haven't followed the show and don't know the back stories it could be very hard to just jump in.

Here's a little tidbit for you. The police detective that interogated Hurley said his former partner was on 815 (Ana Lucia) and Hurley said he didn't know her. That's not true. Hurley knew her and knows that she was murdered on the island at the same time his "girlfriend" was.

I think he just said he didn't know her, because of the fact that he knew she was murdered.

Season premier of LOST last night. This is one of 8 episodes for this year thanks to the writers strike

What we learned:

• Apparantly only 6 people made it off the island. Jack, Hurley, Kate and 3 yet named. They must have achieved some degree of celebrity and are referred to as "The Oceanic 6".
  • First Hurley and then Jack seem to suffer mental breakdowns and feel guilty about getting off of the island and want to go back.
  • Something happened on the island that the surviivors want to be kept secret.
  • The airline may be involved in the mystery somehow.
  • While still on the island the survivors split into two groups one led by Jack and one led by Locke. Jack's group went to await the "rescuers" on the beach while Locke's group moved inland to hide from them. Kate, Sayid, Bernard, his wife, Sun and Jin stayed with Jack. Hurley, Sawyer, Claire and Aaron went with Locke.
  • Something bad apparantly happened between the two groups.
  • Ben is still trying to manipulate things to his favor and I still wish someone would get rid of him for good.

Anything that I missed or any errors that I made?

What did everyone think of the episode? I liked it and the whole flash forward thing that is now being is a good plot device.

What about Desmond? Did he go with Jack or Locke...I can't remember?

Weird isn't it. Jack has seen his father a few time on the island. And remember in the season finale last season when Jack was arguing with the doctor at the hospital he said something that made it seem like his father was still alive.

Does/did he know that he's Clair's father?

Has it ever been determined who the father of Clair's baby is and does that have any relevency to the show?

Weird isn't it. Jack has seen his father a few time on the island. And remember in the season finale last season when Jack was arguing with the doctor at the hospital he said something that made it seem like his father was still alive.

Does/did he know that he's Clair's father?

Has it ever been determined who the father of Clair's baby is and does that have any relevency to the show?

The father of Claire's baby left her before she got on the flight.