Can UK make it two years in row vs. UL

beleiveinblue54

The problem is, counting on JUCO's to fill a number of spots on the 2 deep is a very risky proposition. It usually takes at least a year for them to adjust, and then you only have one left before they are moving on. Maybe it was seen as a necessity, but it's a gamble IMO...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, counting on JUCO's to fill a number of spots on the 2 deep is a very risky proposition. It usually takes at least a year for them to adjust, and then you only have one left before they are moving on. Maybe it was seen as a necessity, but it's a gamble IMO...

I understand what you're saying. Let me ask: What would you do?

I see two positions, sacrifice another season, or take some sort of action. Given the nastiness of the UL fans this season, I don't blame him for opting for choice B.

The point I was making is I don't see JUCO's as any type of quick fix. They almost always take at least a year to adjust, and if those guys don't perform well filling the gaps, the heat gets even hotter because they only have a year left. Time will tell, I just think he took a huge gamble going that route...

The point I was making is I don't see JUCO's as any type of quick fix. They almost always take at least a year to adjust, and if those guys don't perform well filling the gaps, the heat gets even hotter because they only have a year left. Time will tell, I just think he took a huge gamble going that route...

But, my question to you was...What would you do?

Taken the top 3 or 4 on the JUCO list and then worked harder at rounding out the class with 4 and 5 year players...

So...you would take some JUCOS? I'm not sure, but I don't think he took a plethora of JUCOS. I also think that the season we had, and a lot of the crappy attitude fans were displaying have made the recruiting tougher than normal. New coach, crappy season, crappy fanbase, DC unknown....This is an anomaly. I feel certain.

So your saying that this back up qb in his first full year is going to be better then Brohm was last year?

What about Matt Flynn out of LSU. He was there for 4 years. He didnt turn out to be great not evn that good. Yeah they won the BCS but thats because of the TEAM he had around him and great deffense.

Flynn in the Championship:

19/27 - 174 yards, 4 td

8 of the 20 players in this class are JUCO's. That's too many IMO...

Honestly at this point, they needed bodies. Why's that? Bobby Petrino. They only wanted 3-4, but injuries, and such dictated their hand. Louisville has had some luck (and bad, to be fair), with it. I wouldn't bet that we (Louisville fans) see more than 2-3 next year, if that.

I'm confused. UL had the second best QB in the schools history for the past three years and his back up is better than him. How can that be. I don't remember Cantwell playing in any big games last year, so it's been a year since he's had significant playing time and he's going to be as good as Brohm.