Rose Hill vs Elliott Co predictions...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not criticising the players at all, I think they are the best team in the region. What they have accomplished has been very impressive but you have to admit that the Elliott fans appear to be unfamiliar with success or how to handle it.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm. As such a small school, we aren't used to this much success on a year-in-year-out basis. A group of young men such as this one only comes through about once every 10 years or so around here.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm. As such a small school, we aren't used to this much success on a year-in-year-out basis. A group of young men such as this one only comes through about once every 10 years or so around here.

:thumb::banana::dancingpa I loved playing at Elliott Co. in high school. I always loved the atmosphere, and passion. You may not remember the "shoe" game in 1993 with Raceland. We always had hard fought spirited games. This Elliott Co. team is a GREAT representation of 16th Region basketball at its finest! I also want to comment on how polite the Elliott Co. players are. Both Faulkners and Ferguson make it a point to speak to me every time they see me. They represent Sandy Hook with class and character.

:thumb::banana::dancingpa I loved playing at Elliott Co. in high school. I always loved the atmosphere, and passion. You may not remember the "shoe" game in 1993 with Raceland. We always had hard fought spirited games. This Elliott Co. team is a GREAT representation of 16th Region basketball at its finest! I also want to comment on how polite the Elliott Co. players are. Both Faulkners and Ferguson make it a point to speak to me every time they see me. They represent Sandy Hook with class and character.

Thanks for your post!! And I completely agree about the character of these fine young men. They LOVE basketball and we LOVE to watch them.

I have never met more respectful, gracious young individuals which is exemplory in this date and time. :thumb:

You know, just because a couple of proud mamas or cheerleaders get over enthusiastic is no reason to be that sarcastic Jed and Godfather. This is a game that will be very close and I think the Elliott players and coaches are well aware of the talent Rose Hill possesses. If Euton shoots like he did against Lee County it could be interesting. Jackson will handle the pressure of Elliott's guards, but I wonder about the three other starters. Look for Euton to help break the press. Raceland had some success using Sparks in that manner. As for D1 talent, I think it is great that small schools like Rose Hill and Elliott have that type of talent this year. It is entirely possible that 2 from Rose Hill and 4 from Elliott may eventually earn the right to be D1 scholarship players and that is wonderful for this area. Rose Hill' schedule has made them a top 3 team in the region and Elliott County is well aware of that. I'm looking forward to seeing a great game,

By posting this you have subjected yourself to the rath of all of Sandy Hook.

If you are a Rose Hill fan I would hope the team does read this.

Hey Corleone, I remember a team in 84 that lost only one game in the 16th all year. Won districts easily. Got to the reagion and shot as cold as the weather is today and went home. Anything can happen on any given night. I know one thing for sure, if you want to see some great basketball and a very electric crowd. Be at Bath Co. High tomorrow night and no matter whom you pull for you'll get your moneys worth.

GoRadio, thanks for covering the games. You give alot of fans from all over the 16th the chance to hear the games that can't make the trip. Keep up the good work and good luck to Elliott and Rose Hill.

I've never said anything on this board or anywhere else about Elliott Co. not being a good team or that they should not be thought of as the top team in the region. My original post was addressing what I felt was a ridiculous statement by GoRadio. The use of Ms Liberty was tongue and cheek, I thought people had a sense of humor, I was wrong. The reason I chose to use Ms Liberty is because she has in the past made ridiculous predictions that I have no doubt are being made from her enthusiastic support of kids she knows and loves, not real knowledge of basketball. I respect her for that and am entertained by her remarks.

I have always had respect for GoRadio in the past, but feel his comment about Rose Hill's "guard play" without ever seeing it for himself was outrageous. I think that was very clear in my original post. His comment was at the least, uninformed.

My post was again just me having fun. I have re-read it and don't see where it was degrading to Elliott in any way (Maybe to Hammer).

I will be in the stands cheering on Rose Hill as I have done before O.J. and the boys showed up.

I believe the talent and athleticism the kids from Rose Hill has in the past and is now being overlooked. I have considered posting a comparison to Elliott in the past, but thought better of it because posters would accuse me of attacking their school.

My prediction for tomorrows game is that both teams will show up and play hard. Neither team will be intimidated by the other. This game will be decided by the manner the officials let it be played. I will then cheer and support whichever team moves on.

Coach Fralie has his team going in the right direction, and Rose Hill is no longer a two man team. We will find out tomorrow night , but after East Carter, Rose Hill is probally the only other team in the 16th that could "potentially" have a decent shot to upset the Lions. Should be a good night for fans of high school basketball.

(plus it is a great honor to play against the olympic team ):D

The Elliot County boys always give you your money's worth:thumb:

After traveling all that way to Bath County, I sure hope Coach Mays gives his starters lots of playing time so we get a chance to see them LIVE and in person :lol:

I'm not criticising the players at all, I think they are the best team in the region. What they have accomplished has been very impressive but you have to admit that the Elliott fans appear to be unfamiliar with success or how to handle it.

I am sure that the large margin of victory predictions in Favor of Elliott is what prompted your Olympic etc post's and the highlighted one above. I went to all the prediction posts and checked out the posters previous posts

and done a pretty close assumation of whether they were Elliott or from elsewhere. I know practically all of the Elliott posters anyway. It is not 100% but it will be close. There were 20 people predicted a large margin of victory in favor of Elliott. Four were sure Elliott so I added three more to cover which makes seven. That leavesThirteen, by far the larger margin who were not Elliott and picked them anyway.

Now a couple question's for you:irked: It seems evident you are a Rose Hill fan. If you were on a prediction thread making a prediction for Rose Hill and they were 17-1 and their margin of victory was 25-35 pts per game, You had never played the team you were predicting against, but that team had played a couple of the same teams you had beaten, and you won by a far larger margin, would you not predict your team to win by quite a margin?

Does it really mean you don't how to handle success because you really,

really love your team and players and support them 200%(if possible)

and go a little overboard on a prediction, or jump right on someone whom

you think could possibly be being a little negative towards them?

I lied...I have three: If your team was on a roll and winning way more than ever before and were great kids, do you think it would be possible that you

yourself might get a little or even a lot overzealous?