Trimble County 52 Walton Verona 48 (All A)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Coach Stewart and the Lady Raiders. It just goes to show that anything can happen at tournament time. Walton Verona did not execute at all down the stretch and the Trimble girls never gave up.

Trimble has played a tougher schedule than most "A" school and they really do play better at home. Trimble plays a good zone.

Hargett seem to dominate the first 3 quarters but did not get a lot of touches in the 4th. I think Trimble was down by 9 or so in the 4th quarter and WV couldn't put them away. WV seemed to get "tight" down the stretch.

Good luck to Williamstown and Trimble in the finals.

No disrespect but anytime a team with only 3 wins makes it to the finals, that's a shocker!

Not much of a shocker to me. They are a good, balanced team. Impressed with their play! Both teams fought hard and gave great effort. The 4th killed Walton and just couldn't score when Trimble went into the 2'3 zone.

Hargett played her heart out and gave it so much, so did all the Sr's, and very glad to see her (Hargett) shine at her last "All A" game. Walton had their chances, but couldn't finish. Trimble packed the 2'3 in, and when I mean it was packed in, it was way in, Walton had no one out their to shoot the ball. Heeger was on the bench for most of the forth, not sure why? Anyone have a reason? She could of made a huge difference into that zone (Like I stated above; the zone was packed in! She would have shined in this situation) and would have gave Walton a chance to score from the outside in that zone.

Congrats Trimble. Good luck!

Not much of a shocker to me. They are a good, balanced team. Impressed with their play! Both teams fought hard and gave great effort. The 4th killed Walton and just couldn't score when Trimble went into the 2'3 zone.

Hargett played her heart out and gave it so much, so did all the Sr's, and very glad to see her (Hargett) shine at her last "All A" game. Walton had their chances, but couldn't finish. Trimble packed the 2'3 in, and when I mean it was packed in, it was way in, Walton had no one out their to shoot the ball. Heeger was on the bench for most of the forth, not sure why? Anyone have a reason? She could of made a huge difference into that zone (Like I stated above; the zone was packed in! She would have shined in this situation) and would have gave Walton a chance to score from the outside in that zone.

Congrats Trimble. Good luck!

Heeger only made 1 three in the game but didn't take many shots for some reason. Good question, Jeanie.

Heeger only made 1 three in the game but didn't take many shots for some reason. Good question, Jeanie.

Yes, a great question! :thumb: Thanks. But the zone was packed in, she would have got her looks, and even if she was out there, she would of opened the middle up for Hargett to score too. Right? Just her being a threat would have been enough to change the game! In a zone you would like to have your best shooters on the floor, when you have one on the bench, you need to put her in, never saw her(Heeger) in the game?

I though Heeger was in the game for a good part of the 4th, but the Coach did take her out when she got her 3rd foul..maybe I am confused on this. THey were packing in the zone but when they would throw the ball to Heeger on the wing TC was coming out and guarding her. She would then pass to Dixon who had Miller behind her. Because TC was bigger it would have been hard for Heeger to shoot over the defender.

They left the other guard more open (Sargeant) and executed their inside play very well. Very impressed with Krahl who also played hard down the stretch. SHe is a really good defender.

TC ran their offense and did not seem to get in a hurry. Miller did a great job but you have to give a lot of credit to the ball handlers for TC they did a good job of getting the ball down the floor and running the offense.

Loved the Trimble crowd, they supported their team but in no way were they disrespectful of the WV girls. Great atmosphere.

No disrespect but anytime a team with only 3 wins makes it to the finals, that's a shocker!

Yes, I guess if all that you look at is the record, then it would be shocker.

Trimble has lost close ones (WV last time, Carroll Co, both by one, Male by 2) and games that they probably shouldn't have lost, but they also play Oldham Co, South Oldham (who they gave a very good run for their money), Franklin Co and Anderson Co.

Records mean nothing when you enter the "A".

I though Heeger was in the game for a good part of the 4th, but the Coach did take her out when she got her 3rd foul..maybe I am confused on this. THey were packing in the zone but when they would throw the ball to Heeger on the wing TC was coming out and guarding her. She would then pass to Dixon who had Miller behind her. Because TC was bigger it would have been hard for Heeger to shoot over the defender.

They left the other guard more open (Sargeant) and executed their inside play very well. Very impressed with Krahl who also played hard down the stretch. SHe is a really good defender.

TC ran their offense and did not seem to get in a hurry. Miller did a great job but you have to give a lot of credit to the ball handlers for TC they did a good job of getting the ball down the floor and running the offense.

I also enjoyed the fans. Great place to play!

Back to my point, is that yes Heeger was in the game for a small part of the 4th. She picked up her thrid foul early and sat the bench. (3rd foul in the 4th quarter you don't need to sit) and by the time she came back in, there was 3.1 second left, and they were down 4 points. I wondered throughout the game where she was so thats why I know the seconds, etc. :sssh: Anyway, I think this little changed would have made Trimble extend their zone, to make it easier to score for Walton. But thats just me. Little mistakes like that cost us the game! Trimble fought back and has a great Coach. Super impressed with how she did things tonight in the game. Congrats Trimble.