Trimble County 52 Walton Verona 48 (All A)

Bottom line is that Trimble just wanted more, right! It seems likes it is always about the WHAT IFS with WV.

This has been a problem this year, but the coaches have done a good job adjusting. In the fourth the team was a little distracted with an injury to one on their players. Not making a statement as to that is why they lost, they lost because the could not put the ball in the hole and in part that is due to Trimble's pick up on defense and WV getting a little tired, shots falling short. Trimble deserves to be congradulated and will be fun to watch tonight. I hope they have some stored up energy as Williamstown will be rested. Good Luck tonight.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad your player is going to be OK..I wondered how she was and I appreciate you posting it.

I feel for Walton because they have so many Seniors it would have been nice to finish the year with the All A. Trimble probably feels the same though with their 7 seniors.

Good Luck in the coming games, it is sometimes hard to focus after this tournament!

I also enjoyed the fans. Great place to play!

Back to my point, is that yes Heeger was in the game for a small part of the 4th. She picked up her thrid foul early and sat the bench. (3rd foul in the 4th quarter you don't need to sit) and by the time she came back in, there was 3.1 second left, and they were down 4 points. I wondered throughout the game where she was so thats why I know the seconds, etc. :sssh: Anyway, I think this little changed would have made Trimble extend their zone, to make it easier to score for Walton. But thats just me. Little mistakes like that cost us the game! Trimble fought back and has a great Coach. Super impressed with how she did things tonight in the game. Congrats Trimble.

Good point! Heeger has torched Trimble in the past. Best girls 3 point shooter in school history on the bench in the 4th quarter with Trimble playing a packed in zone. I bet Kerrie thought it was Christmas all over again with that gift.

Good point! Heeger has torched Trimble in the past. Best girls 3 point shooter in school history on the bench in the 4th quarter with Trimble playing a packed in zone. I bet Kerrie thought it was Christmas all over again with that gift.

I'm sure there was a good reason for this.

I don't know the reason. Not a clue. I'm as confused as you. Just know there was a reason why she was on the bench and not on the floor. Maybe the coach forgot about her!:eek::rolleyes:

That is the WHAT IFS I am talking about. All of the WV fans want to blame somebody instead of just going on with a LOSS:jump:!

Maybe the coach just wanted to lose on purpose. :rolleyes:

During the Walton win streak everyone was going on about how great things were now and that the coach & players were now on the same page. 1 loss and we're back on the coach again. Give it up!! You all only beat them by 1 the first time so it's not a stretch that they beat you this time by 4.

That is the WHAT IFS I am talking about. All of the WV fans want to blame somebody instead of just going on with a LOSS:jump:![/quote I understand what you are saying. But when the WHAT IFS are basic common sense things it does become frustrating.

Maybe the coach just wanted to lose on purpose. :rolleyes:

During the Walton win streak everyone was going on about how great things were now and that the coach & players were now on the same page. 1 loss and we're back on the coach again. Give it up!! You all only beat them by 1 the first time so it's not a stretch that they beat you this time by 4.

Walton was up a lot in the 1st Trimble County game. Hargett sat for a while in the 3rd and 4th (Personal Reasons/Coach) and Trimble County came back. Walton was up around 16 points till this point. Trimble made a run, and Walton ended up winning by one point. It was a bigger lead and would have been if Hargett would have stayed on the floor. I would say, trimble beating Walton is an upset. Any yeah, when Walton win, people are happy, but in this game, Walton was out coached, and lost because of late game choices by the coach. That's why were (walton fans) are upset. Trimble played great, not taking anything from them, but Walton had that game won.