When posting you need to....

ladiesbballcoach

... not be so darned nit-picky.

Seriously though, I have issues with folks who don't understand/were not properly taught/did not bother to listen to the rules of the English language. I know it can be complicated because of the mutt nature of English, but why is it that some guy can come over here from Serbia and learn our language cold in six months, but people who have lived here all their life can't bother to differentiate between your and you're?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is petty but it drives me nuts, especially during basketball season.

If anyone asks more than one person to rank a group of teams and then averages out those rankings it is a "poll".

If one person ranks a group of teams, it is a "ranking".

In other words, not every list of teams is a poll. In fact, I'm probably being overly generous in allowing the "more than one person". To me, WYMT, for example, ranks teams each week. A true poll would involve contact with other media or coaches in the area.

Les does a ranking. He may get the opinions of others on staff, but it still amounts to their opinion only. Therefore, it's a ranking of teams, not a poll.

OK, big deal. It's just a pet peeve.