More schools need wrestling.

Tall Trees

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I happen to be pretty close to that guy, and I'll let him know that you guys wished him luck. I think he is really pushing for anything to open up in Madison County. It is really ridiculous when you think about it....a county as large as Madison, and no wrestling, when the surrounding area has plenty of wrestling.

IMO, there is an odd negative vibe with the higher ups, and he keeps getting "Title 9" shoved into his face, even though they offer EVERY single girls sport they possibly could.

Well, I happen to be pretty close to that guy, and I'll let him know that you guys wished him luck. I think he is really pushing for anything to open up in Madison County. It is really ridiculous when you think about it....a county as large as Madison, and no wrestling, when the surrounding area has plenty of wrestling.

IMO, there is an odd negative vibe with the higher ups, and he keeps getting "Title 9" shoved into his face, even though they offer EVERY single girls sport they possibly could.

If the person that you are pretty close to needs ANY help with getting your program going or ANY other help, send me a pm.

Your biggest start up cost is a mat. If you're lucky you can find a used one for a reasonable price. After that, singlets and headgear are not really that expensive. Honestly, after the initial money for the mat is fronted, it is one of the cheapest sports a kid can compete in.

• 4 weeks later...
I think the new school in Harlan County will have wrestling. My question is who else in the mountain area have wrestling teams?

Sheldon Clark, Letcher County Central, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, McCreary Central, Whitley County, Ashland, Perry County Central.

I was just wondering. I am originally from an area in Northern New Jersey where wrestling was the big sport. Districts and Regional Tourny's were standing room only. Just how big has it become in Kentucky. Seems like it is growing.

Another question, does anyone know of any Girls wrestling. I have seen some really good girl grapplers in my time. If I ever get a chance I will like to head up to Campbell County and see a match or two. I have not been to a wrestling match since I left Alaska 7 years ago.