UK 69 Tenn Tech 47

happy ol' dad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win for this team the way things have been going.

A pattern has developed and that is if the other team can take care of the ball, they will beat Kentucky.

Kentucky is able to get turnovers and easy transition baskets, they will be in the game.

While that may sound like basketball 101, it's just scary how much this team struggles in half court sets.

Cats started out rough, but ended up getting the job done.

Ramel Bradley & Joe Crawford both sat for the entire 1st half. Gotta wonder why? I think BCG is being pretty hard on both of them. It seems Bradley is responding well, but I don't think Crawford responds well to that type of coaching. Both came in and played well, although Joe didn't shoot the ball particularly well.

This game shows me that we won't win with Michael Porter running the point. He played well - his game is just limited. Great effort, though!

I like what I see out of AJ Stewart. He's raw, but he's so athletic and I think he can contribute at the 3, 4 or 5.

Mark Coury is absolutely pathetic. The majority of his rebounds simply fall into his lap. He's always slow rotating over on D, if he even rotates at all. He simply does not belong on the court. Give Carter, Stevenson & Stewart his minutes.

It's good to see Ramon Harris & Perry Stevenson playing with more confidence. For Kentucky to do anything this year, they have to have some production from the guys in the starting lineup. When they're passing up 12-15 foot jumpshots, it makes it nearly impossible to get Patterson the ball. It's great to see both of them step up and at least look to score.

I think BCG is preparing for SEC play. He's not going to take any chances with Patterson, Jasper or Meeks' health, and I like that. We're going to have to excel in conference play, and with a down year in the SEC, that's a possibility. I sure hope so.

Ramel Bradley & Joe Crawford both sat for the entire 1st half. Gotta wonder why? I think BCG is being pretty hard on both of them. It seems Bradley is responding well, but I don't think Crawford responds well to that type of coaching. Both came in and played well, although Joe didn't shoot the ball particularly well.

This game shows me that we won't win with Michael Porter running the point. He played well - his game is just limited. Great effort, though!

I like what I see out of AJ Stewart. He's raw, but he's so athletic and I think he can contribute at the 3, 4 or 5.

Mark Coury is absolutely pathetic. The majority of his rebounds simply fall into his lap. He's always slow rotating over on D, if he even rotates at all. He simply does not belong on the court. Give Carter, Stevenson & Stewart his minutes.

It's good to see Ramon Harris & Perry Stevenson playing with more confidence. For Kentucky to do anything this year, they have to have some production from the guys in the starting lineup. When they're passing up 12-15 foot jumpshots, it makes it nearly impossible to get Patterson the ball. It's great to see both of them step up and at least look to score.

I think BCG is preparing for SEC play. He's not going to take any chances with Patterson, Jasper or Meeks' health, and I like that. We're going to have to excel in conference play, and with a down year in the SEC, that's a possibility. I sure hope so.

:thumb:

Great, great, great post.

You really highlighted the things that I took from the game especially the part about preparing for the SEC. There is no point in rushing when you have three games that should be walk overs anyway.

:thumb:

Five more turnovers for Porter and 2-8 shooting. If he keeps getting the number of minutes he is getting he might have more turnovers than points by the end of the season. When he finally took a seat in the second half, Kentucky actually looked decent at the offensive end of the floor. Nothing to get too excited about though because Tenn Tech is downright awful!

Turnovers are something that Uk needs to work on. I thought that they looked good. I know the game opened up when Bradley and Crawford entered the game but I wish they would od sat the whole game. There was one point in the game while Bradley was sitting on the bench that the TV scanned and was on him and he seemed to be laughing and talking to someone in the stands. PP is the man and is my favorite UK player. Good win and they need to keep on working and getting better.

Would you prefer he sit over there and sulk..He and Crawford both were clapping and encouraging the team. I thought they handled it very well.

Why is it always something with this group? I mean every single game there is some sort of drama afoot. I don't know if I can handle this all season long. Will we ever have a full squad? Will our players stop being knuckleheads? Can we keep the injuries at bay? There are still far more questions at this point than answers.

They are also your only hope at a good season this season, as well. So keep that in mind.

Really? I would have put that tag on Patterson and Meeks. I would like to see Bradley approach the game the way Porter did this afternoon but with his talent. Aggressiveness without turning the ball over.