Is Recruiting Going On At Your School? I Think It Should Be.

LUCK

I'll confess....a Trinity alum started recruiting my son before his birth....:lol:

We still think that Bob Schnieder is paying the Smith family to reproduce in epic proportions. (LOL) Beechwood also does a fabulous job getting it's "message" down to the younger grades.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a huge problem at Holmes. They struggle to get kids in the athletic programs that could really help.

Welp, now you will get to see if Holmes is salvagable, b/c no person will put more into his program than Steve. You have about the best coach that you could have to run that study.

We still think that Bob Schnieder is paying the Smith family to reproduce in epic proportions. (LOL) Beechwood also does a fabulous job getting it's "message" down to the younger grades.

It isn't just the Smith family. Kues is their cuz and then "Big" Jake is also their cousin. I love seeing the littlest Smith. The big brothers are already rubbing off. I believe that he learned to flex his guns before he learned to walk.

Trinity really needs to start putting some pressure on the Brohms to start having more babies. Just 1 infant Brohm? That isn't near enough. We need Brady Brohm's siblings and cousins to come along sooner. :D

...and the most resent Brohm ended up at St. X this year as the Freshman QB! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did that happen? :ylsuper:

This has been a huge problem at Holmes. They struggle to get kids in the athletic programs that could really help.

I dont think there will be a problem anymore, especially for football. Coach Lickert will do a great job of not only getting the kids out to play, but getting them to play to their fullest potential. He did a great job at Dayton with this and I wouldnt expect anything different.

My observation is that basketball is the most anti about sharing athletes with other sports. Seems football-baseball do it well since the seasons don't overlap. Football-wrestling are a natural combo. The basketball programs tend to want the kids year-round. Anyone else see this trend? Also, do any of you see football coaches in your school who feel they should not lower themselves to asking kids to come out, that the kids should want to do this on their own, or that indicates they don't have the commitment level?

My observation is that basketball is the most anti about sharing athletes with other sports. Seems football-baseball do it well since the seasons don't overlap. Football-wrestling are a natural combo. The basketball programs tend to want the kids year-round. Anyone else see this trend? Also, do any of you see football coaches in your school who feel they should not lower themselves to asking kids to come out, that the kids should want to do this on their own, or that indicates they don't have the commitment level?

Yes to both of your questions. For girls', it is volleyball and not football.

And some coaches do feel that way.

At our school, Mercy Academy, many of the BBall players play other sports. Field Hockey and Golf are more likely than volleyball due to the strong club programs for VBall. It's just about year round.

For guys, look at Brian Brohm, who starred in FB, BB and Baseball. He went to state in all 3 sports. Don't know whether it's frowned upon in catholic schools, but playing multiple sports seems to happen a lot.

It was amazing to some parents that the kids could be rivals on the field and after the game would hang around with each other. To me the greatest tribute came when my son made an outstanding tackle in the NCC game. One of the NCC players said “great hit” and congratulate my son. The NCC coach said “He’s your enemy don’t congratulate him.” The kid said “No he is my friend.”

This in a nutshell is the Trinity - St X rivalry. They tailgate together, they sit together and even drive to the game in the same cars. :dancingpa Many families have fans for both teams under the same roof.

Maybe this comraderie is a key element in any strong rivalry, just like the Highlands - NCC!

Another question? Does your team gain or lose players from the numbers playing their freshman year to the numbers playing their senior year. I know at St. Xavier the numbers drop off from the number of freshman on the freshman team to the time these players are seniors.

Another question? Does your team gain or lose players from the numbers playing their freshman year to the numbers playing their senior year. I know at St. Xavier the numbers drop off from the number of freshman on the freshman team to the time these players are seniors.

At Raceland, we generally have a drop of numbers from 6th grade to 7th grade. Then we have an increase in numbers, per class, between 9th grade and 12 grade. I think this is due to players regretting that they quit between 6th grade and 7th grade.

At Raceland, we generally have a drop of numbers from 6th grade to 7th grade. Then we have an increase in numbers, per class, between 9th grade and 12 grade. I think this is due to players regretting that they quit between 6th grade and 7th grade.

That is interesting. It is the opposite of what I think most schools experience.