Internet hoax leads to 13 year old's suicide

All Tell

I heard about this on the radio last week and then found these articles:

A Real Death

Same article but comments may identify the offenders

A follow up article with comments from readers

One last article that describes how that small community has been divided

I found this story very disturbing.

The idea that adults can be that cruel to a child sickens me.

All I can say is that if it had been my daughter they would have been filing criminal charges, AGAINST ME, for beating that heartless woman to a pulp.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I watched this earlier on CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/11/17/tuchman.mo.myspace.suicide.cnn

Really pathetic if you ask me. My question is, is why would the mother of the other 13 year old daughter call her beautiful, etc.. and then just turn around and tell her that she wish she'd die? If she was trying to get more information on a dispute between this girl and her 13 year old daughter.. surely there are other ways to get it.

People never cease to amaze me. I can easily see that happening with teenage girls.....but a PARENT??? How incredibly cruel! I agree with gryche, she will get hers some day.

I'd have to agree, it's sad that teenagers would do something like this but it truely disgust me that adults would stoop to this level.

I'd have to agree, it's sad that teenagers would do something like this but it truely disgust me that adults would stoop to this level.

You know, some parents will do anything to make their kids like them. This sounds like the perfect "I am going to show you how to really be cool" and "how funny is this?" kind of thing.

My parents NEVER got involved in my teenage drama. Actually, my mother never permitted drama which is why I still love her today. Teens are cruel to each other....that has and always will be true...but to add an adult on who will add fuel to the fire.....seems outrageously criminal!

I hope that pathetic woman can sleep at night knowing that she "got back at" that sad little girl.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I am sure her own daughter will enjoy lifelong success due to her leadership :rolleyes:

Sad story. Those adults should be held accountable some how.

At least have their names made public - let them bear the shame of this event the rest of their lives.

People never cease to amaze me. I can easily see that happening with teenage girls.....but a PARENT??? How incredibly cruel! I agree with gryche, she will get hers some day.

Let's start it now - they need to be "outed".