Meet the Devils

Not neccessarily, but do know his Father was content with his son playing Little League baseball, compared to getting a challenge and I am sure he feels the same about Basketball.

I personally dont see nothing wrong with it, like the fact of supporting your local teams , but believe I would have to explore more if my child was that talented.

Kinda the Big Fish in the Small Pond theory, some parents are content and like that.

Wow, I don't know what to say to this post. I've been a long time reader and recently joined to post. Wasn't it you who was adamant recently about "homegrown kids"? I believe it was in a recent thread that you gave a local school grief over such issues. Now you say that young Skaggs was content to play LL bball vs. a challenge like a traveling team we are all familiar with. Now you say that you'd explore more if your child was that talented. So which is it? You like homegrown unless it benefits a talented kid?!! So, to be clear, exactly how do you stand? If young Skaggs transferred to Scott Co. to play baseball or basketball, would that be okay? If so, how does that differ from the very issue with the neighbor school that you were so staunchly against? I'm just curious!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he is Doc. Kyle is going to be a great player someday but if he is in the varsity rotation this year then Russell is n for a long year. Maybe the Devils can hope for some Rose Hill transfers to save the day. Somebody call Big Sandy!!

:sssh::laugh::laugh::laugh::eek: Excellent............ nice one!

Word is on Navejo Drive that Verizon is transferring Skaggs to the Lexington area early next spring. Should be interesting to see Kyle playing for Scott County. Just a rumor, but who knows.

From what I have heard.....Scott Co. or maybe even Lex. Catholic are definate possibilties ;). But as you said, who knows ???

Wow, I don't know what to say to this post. I've been a long time reader and recently joined to post. Wasn't it you who was adamant recently about "homegrown kids"? I believe it was in a recent thread that you gave a local school grief over such issues. Now you say that young Skaggs was content to play LL bball vs. a challenge like a traveling team we are all familiar with. Now you say that you'd explore more if your child was that talented. So which is it? You like homegrown unless it benefits a talented kid?!! So, to be clear, exactly how do you stand? If young Skaggs transferred to Scott Co. to play baseball or basketball, would that be okay? If so, how does that differ from the very issue with the neighbor school that you were so staunchly against? I'm just curious!

My point earlier was that you can still play Little League sports and continue to travel as well after the season is done. Some are not up to that challenge. Some are content with what they got. Never said to get away from supporting your school or area. I believe I stated I had no problem with that.

Appreciate you bringing it up though. I have had children talented enough to play both local league sports as well as traveling and it was a great learning experience for them, that they would not have gotten by just playing local league. That by no means transferring or giving up on your local program.