Meet the Devils

Man the garbage is flying around in this one.

What? Dodd will play a season with Russell players?? Can't be true. Interesting to see what Dodd can do with this bunch. Ferguson is a solid player, but the rest is just there. Conway gave one to the ole ball coach and yes it will be a long year for Russell.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recieved an e-mail this morning telling of the very real possibility of the Scaggs kid was going to transfer to Raceland.

Said that Raceland's coach Floyd was a GCHS grad and K. Scagg's father knew him well and was seriously considering the transfer and holding Kyle back a year as well. But then again......."Rumors" and who really knows?? Only the Scagg's knows for sure....:sssh::D

I just recieved an e-mail this morning telling of the very real possibility of the Scaggs kid was going to transfer to Raceland.

Said that Raceland's coach Floyd was a GCHS grad and K. Scagg's father knew him well and was seriously considering the transfer and holding Kyle back a year as well. But then again......."Rumors" and who really knows?? Only the Scagg's knows for sure....:sssh::D

This will be interesting!

Kyle is a superb athlete in more sports than just Basketball, but he isnt OJ Mayo. He is definetly at the top of his Area class in Talent and has a bright future...Maybe he can break some College scoring records as well in the future??

With some of the area talent in his class, his Russell team will not dominate when he gets to that point. Rose Hill, Ashland and Boyd are all talented in that age group, as well as some of the other area teams, which I am not greatly familiar with.

Not neccessarily, but do know his Father was content with his son playing Little League baseball, compared to getting a challenge and I am sure he feels the same about Basketball.

I personally dont see nothing wrong with it, like the fact of supporting your local teams , but believe I would have to explore more if my child was that talented.

Kinda the Big Fish in the Small Pond theory, some parents are content and like that.

It sounds like you airing out your feelings about his father and not the son whom you just recently found out was a 7th grader. Big Fish in a small pond might be more realistic if Kyle was at Raceland or Fairview. The last time I checked, Russell had quite a bit more enrollment than other schools. You are right about Kyle not being an OJ Mayo, Kyle is the right age for his grade, OJ was held back 2 years. This was about meet the Devils, not meet the parents of the Devils

It sounds like you airing out your feelings about his father and not the son whom you just recently found out was a 7th grader. Big Fish in a small pond might be more realistic if Kyle was at Raceland or Fairview. The last time I checked, Russell had quite a bit more enrollment than other schools. You are right about Kyle not being an OJ Mayo, Kyle is the right age for his grade, OJ was held back 2 years. This was about meet the Devils, not meet the parents of the Devils

Who said anything bad about his Father. He is a great guy. My point being is no 7th Grader should be on a High School squad, JV or Varsity.

BTW, I have known what age Kyle was for a long time. Good Athlete.

Who said anything bad about his Father. He is a great guy. My point being is no 7th Grader should be on a High School squad, JV or Varsity.

BTW, I have known what age Kyle was for a long time. Good Athlete.

Just curious about your reasoning on this one, why should no 7th grader be allowed to play up, not talking about Kyle, just 7th graders in general.

Just curious about your reasoning on this one, why should no 7th grader be allowed to play up, not talking about Kyle, just 7th graders in general.

Your post question was not for me but I have to say that I don't really agree with 7th graders playing varsity (in any sport).

I don't think that I have seen but maybe a very, very few that were developed physically enough and if so they are not developed "mentally" enough to play on the varsty level.

Jmo but it is best to wait a couple of years (at least) for them to play varsity. I don't care if they are that good I just think that a 7trh grader on the varsity level may get his confidence shaken or even destroyed. They are going to get out "muscled" and out played and this may make them think that they are not that good or don't belong playing basketball.

I just don't think that you need to take a chance on a kid that young with so much potential and talent get discouraged in playing. (The kid and others say they wouldn't, of course they would. A kid wants to play and is a competitor).

That is why imo an adult/parent and Coach should step in and not put a 7th grader on a level that he may lose confidence or be overwhelmed physically and mentally.

A 7th grade kid is just not on the level of a 16,17 or 18 year old Junior or Senior. Another thing that I mean by "not develped mentally" goes beyond "on the basketball floor". I just don't think that 7th graders should be hanging around Jr's and Sr.'s in high school for various other reasons.

These are jmo and I am not trying to tell anyone what they should or should not do with their child and/or their player/athlete. I just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there.

Seriously, why would u want to?

If a player is that could move him to maybe Freshman team, but never to JV...That is too extreme mentally for a 7th Grader.

I could only think of 2 reasons why a school system would do that...

1. Not enough older players came out OR

2. School system trying to keep parents happy and keep their Kid in the system because of a bright future.

This is not reflective of the Skaggs family, just in general.