Ashland/Bryan Station predictions

Blue Blazer

Who Wins?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This is basically a playoff game for the Tomcats, a true must-win!

Ashland 21

Bryan Station 16

This is a playoff game for them. If they dont win then I would say they are out because they play JC next week and IMO I dont see them beating them so that would put this winless in the district so unlike other districts you have to win some district games to make the playoffs in this one.....

If the Tomcats lose this, then won't they be out of playoff contention? A loss would make them 0-3 in the district, and even if they won against Johnson Central, then they would be 1-3 along with Montgomery Co, and with Montgomery's OT win against Ashland would break that tie.

If the Tomcats lose this, then won't they be out of playoff contention? A loss would make them 0-3 in the district, and even if they won against Johnson Central, then they would be 1-3 along with Montgomery Co, and with Montgomery's OT win against Ashland would break that tie.

I think you are correct Tomcat-Fan. So good luck Friday and I hope no one gets hurt from both teams. GO TOMCATS.:flame:

Your correct Tomcat Fan. Thats what I was hinting at last week in the Greenup thread. This is an essential must win for Ashland and next week at JC will be as well.

The game will be played at Putnam on Friday night, senior night for the tomcats!
That is one thing going for the Tomcat's, but if they lose, can they still get in the playoffs, with a win at Johnson Central? They have their work cut out for them, for sure, especially having to go to the Eagle's nest, in 2 wks.:D

Does Ashland get in the playoffs even if they win? If I'm correct if Ashland wins, Ashland, Bryan Station and Montgomery Co. would all finish at 1-3 in the district assuming Ashland loses to Johnson Central next week. There would be a three way tie with Ashland beating Bryan Station, Bryan Station beating Montgomery County and Montgomery County beating Ashland. Who wins the tie breaker?

Does Ashland get in the playoffs even if they win? If I'm correct if Ashland wins, Ashland, Bryan Station and Montgomery Co. would all finish at 1-3 in the district assuming Ashland loses to Johnson Central next week. There would be a three way tie with Ashland beating Bryan Station, Bryan Station beating Montgomery County and Montgomery County beating Ashland. Who wins the tie breaker?

The current scenario is this:

Ashland has one point with a win over Boyd Co. With both of Ashlands remaining games being district games, they have no chance of picking up points towards the tie breaker scenario.

Bryan Station has 2 points with its win over Western. Bryan Stations remaining games include Tates Creek and Fleming Co

Montgomery Co. has a total of 7 points(GRC-1, East Jess.-4, Bourbon Co.-1, Paris-1). Montgomerys remaining games include Madison Southern and Rowan Co.

Ashland is clearly the loser of the tie-breaker with only have 1 point where as if Bryan Station already has 2 points and will probably gain another 2 off a win over Fleming Co. In order for Ashland to secure a spot in the playoffs, they have to win the next 2 district games. The Tomcats still have a glimmer of hope that there cross county rivals can pick up 2 more wins and give Ashland a total of 3 points. And if Bryan Station were to lose out then they would just have 2 points and that would give Ashland the final spot in the tiebreaker scenario.