87 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Boone County
    • Ryle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone wins the #1 with a V. If not, we could have a 3-way tie with Boone, Ryle, and SK. I'd have to check the schedules and results to see who would come out ahead in that one. My guess would be Boone but that's just a guess.

OK.

Should we have a 3-way tie, the Ryle-Dixie upcoming tilt could be crucial in determining who gets #1 in the district. Boone is getting points from Mason Co. and Dixie while Ryle is getting points from NC and Fern Creek. If a 3-way happened and should Ryle beat Dixie (thus, negating those points for Boone) , Ryle would be in great shape and Boone would then need to beat a good Henry Clay and/or Madison Central to get the #1.

Let me share a pattern with you in this great rivalry. Boone came to town in 2005 as the "better team" and they went away getting drilled by 24 points. Ryle went to Boone as the "much better team" last year and lost by 12 in Ryle's only poor performance of the 2006 season. Many seem to think that Boone is "the much better team" this year. Ryle is not down as some would say and they have had their only poor performance of the 2007 season (SK). I see the pattern of the last two years continuing. The Raiders will show many doubters what they are made of Friday night against a good Boone team. Ryle has a huge advantage in the kicking game and that will be big. Ryle will pass the ball effectively in this game when needed. Farris will get some yards but under 200 and Doucette will not go wild. No way Boone comes to town on Senior Night vs. this peaking Raiders club and runs away with it. It will be a great football game with two good teams hooking up.

I stand by the prediction I made last week, that Boone would handle Dixie and Ryle. Halfway there. Bottom line is that I simply don't think that Ryle has the athleticism on the perimeter to stop Boone, nor do they have it on offense to open up the running game. I think this one will be close at the half with all the emotions of senior night, etc, and end much in the same fashion as the Boone/Dixie game last week. Good luck to both teams!:thumb:

I stand by the prediction I made last week, that Boone would handle Dixie and Ryle. Halfway there. Bottom line is that I simply don't think that Ryle has the athleticism on the perimeter to stop Boone, nor do they have it on offense to open up the running game. I think this one will be close at the half with all the emotions of senior night, etc, and end much in the same fashion as the Boone/Dixie game last week. Good luck to both teams!:thumb:

I have only watched Boone once this year when they played Owensboro. They were not able to contain the run against a much smaller O line than Ryle has and with a much smaller running back. That night Farris had a good game but was held in check. I see Ryle getting the win this week 28-24. Good luck to both teams and may both quality running backs come out healthy!

I have only watched Boone once this year when they played Owensboro. They were not able to contain the run against a much smaller O line than Ryle has and with a much smaller running back. That night Farris had a good game but was held in check. I see Ryle getting the win this week 28-24. Good luck to both teams and may both quality running backs come out healthy!

I would actually somewhat agree with you here. Being transplanted from NKY to Western KY I know a little about all of the teams involved. IMO Boone had difficulties with the athletes that Owensboro had in the backfield. They were pretty successful against Owensboro stopping the power runs, it was the quick hitters and perimeter runs that hurt them. When the 'Boro stacked the box to stop the run, they were able to match up with Boone on the perimeter 1 on 1. From what I know of Ryle, I don't think they will be able to do that. I'll be very interested to see how this one plays out......

I will go with Boone and Cory Farris in this one. Ryle had difficulty in stopping the BIRDS in regards to rushing. With Farris in the backfield - Boone should be able to score some points. Now can they play a little defense? That will be the question that we will all have to wait until Friday to get the answer.... :D

I will go with Boone and Cory Farris in this one. Ryle had difficulty in stopping the BIRDS in regards to rushing. With Farris in the backfield - Boone should be able to score some points. Now can they play a little defense? That will be the question that we will all have to wait until Friday to get the answer.... :D

Ryle definitely had trouble with the speed of Highland's RB's. I think they can fare better against Farris because he isn't quite in the same speed category as Highland's guy. But he's no doubt a great back and Ryle has a huge challenge in front of them.

Ryle may be getting back their top DB, Dylan Campbell, for this game, which should help out immensely. He's been out several weeks with a broken jaw. In fact, I'm surprised to hear he could be coming back this quickly.

It would be nice if Ryle could get back their #2 RB, Keifer Eubanks. He has a ton of speed and is a nice compliment to Schmitz. Right now Ryle lacks that true breakaway speed back. Eubanks looked very good early on this season before getting a shoulder injury.

I see Boone winning this one 38-21. It'll be a close game througout, with Boone adding a few scores at the end. I don't think Ryle's defense will be able to stop the Rebel attack. If they can contain Farris(much easier said than done) and are able to limit the big passes to Doucette this one will be a battle, if not look out.