Lynn Camp 35 Whitley Co. 6

The Breeze

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the campers. Whitley moved the ball well but just could not put it in the end zone. Whitley ran 80 plays to LC's 34. LC's D line and O line really dominated. I think Whitley only had about 100 rushing, While LC had about 350.

Whitley's D line got absolutely dominated. I thought if LC had a shot to win this game, it would be a 20-18 type game. Never expected a complete win like this.

I don't know why the Colonels kept running the direct snaps. Most went for losses. Whiley's QB looked good. Cats were really physical off the ball right from the start. Whitley just seems to have a lot of trouble getting any offense going. Lynn Camp had a great night on D when Whitley got in the red zone.

those 11 kids from who aren't fresh and soph. though are huge impact players. Part of the problem at Whitley I would say is converting the players to the offense they are now running, taking kids that have never really passed the ball and going to a much more pass oriented offense is a hard transition (teaching kids how to be a receiver and what not).

Whitley just does no seem like the Whitley of old, now. I know they are young, as has been mentioned numerous times, but so is LC. (32 kids, 21 freshmen or sophs.) I can't put a finger on it, but something seems wrong....

I know, they never go under center anymore. WC has always been known at least in my generation as big brutal kids who knock your block off. Now thier team is rather small and finess.

those 11 kids from who aren't fresh and soph. though are huge impact players. Part of the problem at Whitley I would say is converting the players to the offense they are now running, taking kids that have never really passed the ball and going to a much more pass oriented offense is a hard transition (teaching kids how to be a receiver and what not).

Whitley is using the spread, but they have been running out of it. I believe they have been at least 60 - 40 rushing with the exception of this game where they had to throw after falling behind 28 - 0 to try to get back in the game. What shocked me was how flat Whitley was. If you watch Lynn Camp you know they are going to run power, lead, counter, and toss, and that Rosskopf is getting it between 25 to 35 times a game. I'm sure the Whitley coaches stressed this as you could hear them calling Lynn Camp's plays from the sideline and the top of the press box with at least 75% accuracy, but the kids couldn't or at least didn't make plays. I think Jim Black is a superb head coach, but I think he has a tough situation at Whitley. I hope that it is just a situation of being young out there, and hope the Colonels improve rapidly. Lynn Camp smacked Whitley in the mouth and made them like it.

LC starts 8 freshmen or Soph. Coach Mitchell said this is the youngest team he has had since 84 85. The actual numbers are 28 players and 20 fresh and soph. LC is just as young if not younger and they took Whitley to the woodshed bottom line. Everytime LC wins over a team thier are not suppose to beat all there is, is excuses or that team is not any good.

What were roskoph and wagner's number's has anyone heard......

Joe Roskoph had 21 carries 231 yards and 4 tds.

Sidney Wagner had 9 carries for 80 yards and 1 td

Lynn Camp had 37 plays, Whitley had 80 plays. The big thing for LC was the defense in the red zone, Whitley moved the ball, but LC did a great job holding on 3 and short and 4th and short. Whitley lone td came on 4th down. Lynn Camp played a great all around game, and will need to continue next week, as that game decides the district.

LC starts 8 freshmen or Soph. Coach Mitchell said this is the youngest team he has had since 84 85. The actual numbers are 28 players and 20 fresh and soph. LC is just as young if not younger and they took Whitley to the woodshed bottom line. QUOTE]

I wonder why all those teams seem to play badly against Lynn Camp? ;)

Lynn Camp is flying below the radar and will make a run in the playoffs this year if they can stay healthy.

Whitley is using the spread, but they have been running out of it. I believe they have been at least 60 - 40 rushing with the exception of this game where they had to throw after falling behind 28 - 0 to try to get back in the game. What shocked me was how flat Whitley was. If you watch Lynn Camp you know they are going to run power, lead, counter, and toss, and that Rosskopf is getting it between 25 to 35 times a game. I'm sure the Whitley coaches stressed this as you could hear them calling Lynn Camp's plays from the sideline and the top of the press box with at least 75% accuracy, but the kids couldn't or at least didn't make plays. I think Jim Black is a superb head coach, but I think he has a tough situation at Whitley. I hope that it is just a situation of being young out there, and hope the Colonels improve rapidly. Lynn Camp smacked Whitley in the mouth and made them like it.

Most teams knows what LC is going to do, it isn't that hard to figure out, the majority of offense has been the same for years. Teams will stack the box, and try to stop it. If Lynn Camp is executing on offense its tough to stop.