Lynn Camp 35 Whitley Co. 6

The Breeze

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, they never go under center anymore. WC has always been known at least in my generation as big brutal kids who knock your block off. Now thier team is rather small and finess.

I agree with you, IMO this was the smallest team I have seen at Whitley, I know their type of offense works (I watched Coach Black use it to beat Corbin while he was at W'burg) but they really had trouble in the red zone with it and had no answer to LC's running game.

From the looks of it up in the stands, Whitley was still somewhat larger than LC. I was just surprised by Lynn Camp's superior team speed. The speed that Wagner showed after getting into the open field really impressed me. Looks like the young Camper line might have someone to run the ball for them next year after all.

This was the most impressive game I have watched Lynn Camp play this year. I expected them to win and expected it to be close. I wouldnt have been suprised if it was close for 3 quarters and whitley tighten things up, but the Cats came out and played awesome. They contained the passing game well keeping the receivers in front of them with not much yardage after the catch and totally shut down the running game. Great win for the hitmen.

I have a couple of questions that I wish someone could answer for me. One What was coach Black's overall record at Williamsburg? Two - Did he call the offense at Williamsburg and does he call it now at Whitley county ?

31 wins and 23 losses

I have a couple of questions that I wish someone could answer for me. One - What was coach Black's overall record at Williamsburg? Two - Did he call the offense at Williamsburg and does he call it now at Whitley county ?

No he did not call the offense, Darrell Woods called the plays...Coach Black called the defense....

Really disappointed in Whitley. I really thought they should have had a shot at he district with all the players coming back. I think their style (or lack there of) offense really hurts them especially late in the year.

Out side of this game offense hasn't been the problem the defense has. I think they are scoring about 25 points a game

When your offense does not get first downs and control the clock your defense will suffer. Most of Whitley's scores have come on plays covering some yardage of late.

Whitley ran 80 plays to LC's 35. Time of poss was in Whitleys favor by a wide margin

Some of what Whitley was doing was kind of senseless.

When they were down big in the 3rd and 4th and it was becoming somewhat urgent, they were moving the ball in spurts and not even trying, or so it seemed, to pick up any big yardage.

They had the ball a lot of the time and just did nothing with it when they got in the 20's. A lot of it was good D by the Cats, some was just poor execution.

Their D just could not contain the run, especially on Roskoph. They just seemed out of it. Don't know if it was poor preperation, or what.

Were they on Fall Break this past week? Some of that could have been a factor if they were.