OSU 23 Purdue 7

Sportz Addict

:thumb:Absolutely!! The thing that sets them apart from last years defense or any defense in the country is they play as one unit. They are a tight knit group led by the "Little Animal" and they feed of the play of each other. Their speed is much improved also.

I hope people continue to overlook them as they quietly make their way to the top.

True. This is a very hungry defense after last season. IMO the Buck's will keep on climbing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I would sit him down for this weeks game. Mo. Wells is looking good, he has 248 rushing yards and 2 TD's for the year. This win was big for the Buck's. Going on the road and beating a Big 10 top 25 team isn't an easy thing to do. This is a Purdue team who coming into this game the least amount of points they had scored in a game was 33, against Notre Dame. It will be exciting to watch this D play against Penn State, Illinios, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The Buck's should be at #3, maybe #2 this week. I don't see any team on their schedule running all over this defense.

:thumb: agree ad you are correct in that the upcoming stretch of games will tell a lot. I also think that the Big10 has been better than what a lot of fans thought that it would be. Not the best but better than some thought.

JMO

Great point Oldrambler. Wells could use the rest but I hope that OSU doesn't overlook Kent State. This has been a crazy year in college football and I now always ecpect the unexpected.

True. Kent State came to Commonwealth and played Kentucky very good. It was tied up at 14 at the half.

:thumb: agree ad you are correct in that the upcoming stretch of games will tell a lot. I also think that the Big10 has been better than what a lot of fans thought that it would be. Not the best but better than some thought.

JMO

That's true also. Sure with the L's Michigan picked up people wrote off the Big 10. But the Big 10 isn't a weak confrence. Not only do you have the Buckeyes, but you havr Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Illinios and look at Indiana.

I think this year's OSU team has a great defense, but a very mundane offense. They may have a special regular season, but I don't think they would be entirely succesful against Oregon, LSU, Florida, or maybe even Michigan right now.

Oregon - The Ducks offense is good, but I like the Bucks defense better.

LSU - Of course it's going to be a tough game, hard to pick.

UF - If Ole Miss and Auburn can hang 20 points on them why can't OSU?

Michigan - IMO they will beat Michigan. Michigan just beat Eastern Michigan 33-22 yesterday. Hart won't run all over these LB's and Henne won't pass over the DB's.

I think this year's OSU team has a great defense, but a very mundane offense. They may have a special regular season, but I don't think they would be entirely succesful against Oregon, LSU, Florida, or maybe even Michigan right now.

You thought that U.L. would beat U.K., Syracuse and Utah also. :sssh::sssh::D :thumb:

Oregon - The Ducks offense is good, but I like the Bucks defense better.

LSU - Of course it's going to be a tough game, hard to pick.

UF - If Ole Miss and Auburn can hang 20 points on them why can't OSU?

Michigan - IMO they will beat Michigan. Michigan just beat Eastern Michigan 33-22 yesterday. Hart won't run all over these LB's and Henne won't pass over the DB's.

Your a glutton for punishment if you really deep down believe that OSU has a shot at UF or LSU this year. Not with that offense. Michigan will be Michigan, it will be a close ballgame decided in the 4th quarter.

Time to take the scarlet blinders off my friend. 21 points against freaking Purdue is not going to get it done offensively. The D is solid, but not solid enough to win outright against top opponents.

Your a glutton for punishment if you really deep down believe that OSU has a shot at UF or LSU this year. Not with that offense. Michigan will be Michigan, it will be a close ballgame decided in the 4th quarter.

Time to take the scarlet blinders off my friend. 21 points against freaking Purdue is not going to get it done offensively. The D is solid, but not solid enough to win outright against top opponents.

Calm down, calm down. LSU showed against Tulan, let me say that again,TULANE when it was 10-9 LSU at the half that anyone can play with them. LSU is very, very good but their offense doesn't look so good. UF, yeah yeah they beat OSU last year but that was last year. This defense has gotten better, and bigger, and faster. IMO they could play with both LSU and UF I don't see why not? Sure the offense isn't like last years but do you remember the 2002 offense? Aside from Clarett who did they have? Krenzel? He threw for just over 2,000 yards and had around 15 touchdown passes. Why was that team so good? THEIR DEFENSE. Mike Doss, Matt Willhelm, Cie Grant, Will Allen.

Why do UL fans feel the need to jump these threads and try to trash other teams? OSU is good. They are good year in and year out. The Purdue win is a good win. Why come on here and try to disparage them? The fact they may be in a position to play one of these elite teams in postseason for possibly a NC is a great position for them to be in. I just don't get the lets trash all the other teams mentality here.