OSU 23 Purdue 7

Sportz Addict

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of if not THE best defense in the country, the Buckeye offense improves every week. :ylsuper::ylsuper:

Buckeyes and Tressel do not rebuild, they reload

USC loses, Wisconsin loses, Cal was idle and LSU is on the ropes - the Ohio State could be at #2, maybe #1 before this night is out.

Here we go again....do we have to hear how good this defense is, only to see them get exposed by an SEC team in the bowl game?

* - Feel free to make fun of my favorite teams, while answering my post.

This coming from the college that thinks 3 and out is a baseball term. :D

All joking aside, surely you of all people can understand that college football is a game of matchups. And those matchups change from year to year with graduation, new recruits, changes in schemes, coaches.........again, surely YOU can understand this??

I'm a huge buckeye fan, but I'm not totally sold on this team this year. Their Defense is awesome, but they still haven't played a top tiered team. They won't until a bowl game. Illinois may have the best offense in the Big Ten and OSU has them at home. OSU must improve their passing game to open up some running. Boeckman had some nice touch passes this game, but he still made some poor decisions.

But after watching much football this season, I don't think there is a clear cut top team this year. There is much mediocrity this year. LSU is beatable even though they won.

Just my two cents.

I'm a huge buckeye fan, but I'm not totally sold on this team this year. Their Defense is awesome, but they still haven't played a top tiered team. They won't until a bowl game. Illinois may have the best offense in the Big Ten and OSU has them at home. OSU must improve their passing game to open up some running. Boeckman had some nice touch passes this game, but he still made some poor decisions.

But after watching much football this season, I don't think there is a clear cut top team this year. There is much mediocrity this year. LSU is beatable even though they won.

Just my two cents.

I love the defense. It's going to be hard for anyone to score on them. The offense at times looks good but then at times they look poor. Boeckman had some nice deep balls but he also had 3 picks. C. Wells and Mo. Wells looked good, 159 rushing yards combined. Boeckman can't make throws like that against Illiniose, Wisconsin, and Michigan. I'm sure coach had a talk with him. 23-7 not to bad against a top 25 unbeaten team.

Here we go again....do we have to hear how good this defense is, only to see them get exposed by an SEC team in the bowl game?

:lol::lol: O.K., Since you ask..................A Louisville fan talking anything about defense :confused::confused::laugh:. Can anyone at you school/team even spell it??:sssh::lol:

Anyone that plays OSU doesn't have to hear or read how good the Bucks "D" is, their team feels it ad is usually picking their badonkadok up off the carpet/field from it. (lol)

(just remember that you invited it :D;) :thumb:)

No you don't have to hear how good this defense is, you only have to watch them play. They are more superior than last years defense which had one bad game.

I also think that last years Championship game loss has made them a hungry defensive unit and if you know as much about football as I think you do, then not even you can deny that this Buckeye defense is very good.

Just my two cents.

Very good post BF, I compeltely agree. :thumb::thumb:

No you don't have to hear how good this defense is, you only have to watch them play. They are more superior than last years defense which had one bad game.

I also think that last years Championship game loss has made them a more hungry defensive unit and if you know as much about football as I think you do, then not even you can deny that this Buckeye defense is very good.

They are veryyy veryyy veryyyy good. Scary good.

Just my two cents.

:thumb: I agree that the offense needs to make improvement and most of their problems have been mistakes by the QB. Last night he had three INT's and a fumble and the Bucks still dominated the game. Wells is hampered by a bad ankle and isn't on top of his game. Their offensive line is IMO one of the best in the country and the defensive play has been great.

Beating Purdue on the road was a huge game for the Bucks.

OSU plays Kent State this coming week. I beleive that it would be a good idea/time to sit Beanie Wells out in this one. Wells continues to have problems with the ankle.

True. I would sit him down for this weeks game. Mo. Wells is looking good, he has 248 rushing yards and 2 TD's for the year. This win was big for the Buck's. Going on the road and beating a Big 10 top 25 team isn't an easy thing to do. This is a Purdue team who coming into this game the least amount of points they had scored in a game was 33, against Notre Dame. It will be exciting to watch this D play against Penn State, Illinios, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The Buck's should be at #3, maybe #2 this week. I don't see any team on their schedule running all over this defense.

They are veryyy veryyy veryyyy good. Scary good.

:thumb:Absolutely!! The thing that sets them apart from last years defense or any defense in the country is they play as one unit. They are a tight knit group led by the "Little Animal" and they feed of the play of each other. Their speed is much improved also.

I hope people continue to overlook them as they quietly make their way to the top.

OSU plays Kent State this coming week. I beleive that it would be a good idea/time to sit Beanie Wells out in this one. Wells continues to have problems with the ankle.

Great point Oldrambler. Wells could use the rest but I hope that OSU doesn't overlook Kent State. This has been a crazy year in college football and I now always ecpect the unexpected.