Williamsburg vs. Cumberland predictions

volfan782000

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I saw Williamsburg struggle against Harlan in the Grid, they pulled it out but struggled, Harlan is not going to beat anyone this year. If you think Harlan is better than Cumberland you have a big suprise coming. The score might be

42-14, but it will not be Williamsburg on top unless the skins get a dose of that Jacket Home Cookin they are so famous for.

Williamsburg did have some trouble in the gird-o-rama, but keep in mind it was only 1 half of football. They were also missing key players due to school misconduct and injury.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score might be 42-14, but it will not be Williamsburg on top unless the skins get a dose of that Jacket Home Cookin they are so famous for.

I doubt Williamsburg will do any cheating if that is what you are insinuating. I've seen questionable calls at all the Harlan County schools but I do not for one second believe it is do to home cookin. Officials just make mistakes everywhere. I once heard an older official say "when in doubt go with the home team, they are the ones who write your pay check". So will there be some bad calls sure. But I don't there are any at Williamsburg than anywhere else you might go. It is all about how you take the call. Calls stick out as worse in your mind when they go against your personal allegiances.

I saw Williamsburg struggle against Harlan in the Grid, they pulled it out but struggled, Harlan is not going to beat anyone this year. If you think Harlan is better than Cumberland you have a big suprise coming. The score might be

42-14, but it will not be Williamsburg on top unless the skins get a dose of that Jacket Home Cookin they are so famous for.

Hey brother, its a little early to be tellin' the Dragons they ain't going to win any games this year! Down but not out. Having said that, I agree that Cumberland should outlast the Air Raid from the Burg.

Best I remember, Williamsburg won the game by a couple TD's. They were without a key player. And their QB was seeing his first start. It was oppressively hot. ANd the Jackets had to travel to Evarts for the game.

I hope that cumberland is basing their evaluation of Williamsburg on the Grid Game. It will be a long night for the Skins!!! :fight:

I guess folks are forming their opinions of Williamsburg by the teams of the past...I will go ahead and say this offensive line can play with anybody in the mountains when they come to play. Defensively they are playing some YOUNG kids (4 freshmen) to keep the OL fresh. The staff is putting some of those older guys in on D, but they are resting more than playing now due to some younger guys stepping up in the rotation.

Someone said that Cumberland will be good enough to both rush the qb, stop the run, and cover the receivers...I have always heard if you try to stop everything you will stop nothing. People think the Burg is strictly an air raid team...and they do like to throw it, but they are running the ball exceptionally well for a WHS team.

Which line...according to maxpreps.com http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/TeamFrame.mxp/Kentucky/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/AreaID-4381da0e-c342-49b8-9319-27c5a47edf5b/SchoolID-2f9ba26e-2818-47ae-9605-4dace6d2cfd1/Page-Roster

the OL is:

LT Tyler Rollins 6'1 250

LG Garrett Phillips 6'0 200

C Elias Abner 6'1 300

RG Jeremy Collins 5'10 240

RT Zach Hopkins 6'2 220

You cannot evaluate on the grid. When I coached and we played in Grids, jamborees or whatever you want to call it, we played JV kids and I never sent starters out for more than one series. Grids are a fine thing but why get starters hurt in a scrimmage that doesn't count?Heck, one year we only ran 2 different plays on offense in a grid, and on d we never stunted but stayed in base the whole time. Personally I don't like Grids,I'd rather have another scrimmage and see where I need work.Also, I hate showing much in a grid for others to prepare game plans on. As for home cooking, thats always a matter for interpretation. I'm sure every one feels they have suffered homecooking at some point, and I heard enough about home cooking in last year's playoff loss at Harlan. Not sure, in all the years I played and coached I ever really lost on "home cooking". There were times calls didn't go my way, but when I looked at film I could always see why we lost.

:thumb:

You cannot evaluate on the grid. When I coached and we played in Grids, jamborees or whatever you want to call it, we played JV kids and I never sent starters out for more than one series. Grids are a fine thing but why get starters hurt in a scrimmage that doesn't count?Heck, one year we only ran 2 different plays on offense in a grid, and on d we never stunted but stayed in base the whole time. Personally I don't like Grids,I'd rather have another scrimmage and see where I need work.Also, I hate showing much in a grid for others to prepare game plans on. As for home cooking, thats always a matter for interpretation. I'm sure every one feels they have suffered homecooking at some point, and I heard enough about home cooking in last year's playoff loss at Harlan. Not sure, in all the years I played and coached I ever really lost on "home cooking". There were times calls didn't go my way, but when I looked at film I could always see why we lost.

:thumb:

They both are playing exceptional ball right now.

They may have trouble stopping W'burg, but I see problems for W'burg, also.

Can't compare the grid to now.

I honestly think that Cumberland has just enough on the Defensive side of the ball to stop the Jackets and enough offensive power to move the ball on W'burg's D. I'm not saying that Cumberland will "beat down" the Jackets, but will win a hard fought game. 'Skins are probably 1 to 3 players better this year than WHS.

After LCA, this is probably the toughest team W'burg has seen on both sides of the ball. They'll move the ball better than McCreary because they have more than one option. I think Cumberland's ball control and clock management will limit the touches for the Jackets O, and that will cause some problems.