Williamsburg vs. Cumberland predictions

volfan782000

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This will be the last time these two long running rivals play. Cumberland is very athletic, and Williamsburg has that high octane offense. This should be a heck of a game. Cumberland is on the road, and the youthful Jackets grew up a bit against a tough, hard hitting Bath Co. squad last week. If the game were at Cumberland I would give the Redskins an edge, but I think the Jackets have a nice bit of momentum going, so I'll take the Jackets in a barn burner....Williamsburg 41 Cumberland 32

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland is very physical, big, and Q-U-I-C-K! Especially on defense. Williamsburg has had some trouble in the past with teams like this and I don't know if the O line for the Jackets can keep them off the QB all night or not. If they pressure him or get to him like they did on us, watch out.

Cumberland has something to prove and I think they make a statement friday night (if they limit their mistakes).

Cumberland 34

Jackets 28

I just don't see the jackets slowing the skins down. The skins are so athletic they should not have much trouble defending the pass. I look for the jackets to go down in a big way. 49-28 with 1 score being against the skins jv

Cumberland is very physical, big, and Q-U-I-C-K! Especially on defense. Williamsburg has had some trouble in the past with teams like this and I don't know if the O line for the Jackets can keep them off the QB all night or not. If they pressure him or get to him like they did on us, watch out.

Cumberland has something to prove and I think they make a statement friday night (if they limit their mistakes).

Cumberland 34

Jackets 28

Williamsburg's D also still has something to prove after giving up 21 points to Bath last week. I'm sure they would love to show just how good they are, since it's the last time (unless the meet at state) that they play.Williamsburg in a defensive stand 42-33

I'm not saying Cumberland's D has something to prove, I'm saying they want to prove themselves TOTALLY. Their D has been fairly solid all year. They are looking for a statement game. Cumberland is TOUGH and you cannot make some of the mistakes that the Jackets have made early against the "Skins and beat them. You have to stay almost flawless.

I think (IMO, mind you) that Cumberland has the team speed/size/numbers to test Williamsburg's Offensive sets all night long. W'burg CAN beat them, but it will be hard to score easy points on Cumberland, and I still think the strength that they can throw at W'burg will be the difference.

That's a lot of points for a defensive stand, though.

I'm not saying Cumberland's D has something to prove, I'm saying they want to prove themselves TOTALLY. Their D has been fairly solid all year. They are looking for a statement game. Cumberland is TOUGH and you cannot make some of the mistakes that the Jackets have made early against the "Skins and beat them. You have to stay almost flawless.

I think (IMO, mind you) that Cumberland has the team speed/size/numbers to test Williamsburg's Offensive sets all night long. W'burg CAN beat them, but it will be hard to score easy points on Cumberland, and I still think the strength that they can throw at W'burg will be the difference.

That's a lot of points for a defensive stand, though.

I think that's what will make this game interesting as the Jackets are also looking for that "statement" game. Last Years game was one of the best, or should I say excting, games I have ever seen. The Jackets pulled out a big win on a messy track against a good Cumberland team. I think there will be alot of points in this one, but I think the Jackets have an edge when their offense is clicking the way it has been thus far. Could very well be whoever has the ball last wins. I think Cumberland's delima will be to decide on whether to send the house to pressure Ryan Moses, or to try to cover Brock, Pettit, Brown, and Will Moses.

I think Cumberland's delima will be to decide on whether to send the house to pressure Ryan Moses, or to try to cover Brock, Pettit, Brown, and Will Moses.

I think that Cumberland may have the athletes to do both......if they do they win, if they try and fail, then Williamsburg wins.

WIlliamsburg will show they are the district favorite, and they'll handle Cumberland easily, 42-14.

That would without a doubt be a statement but Williamsburg still has to go to Campbellsville and to Lynn Camp. Unfortunately for Williamsburg they won't be able to prove they are the district favorite until they win the district at Lynn Camp. Williamsburg is a young team and thinking ahead to how they are the district favorites going in to games like Cumberland is how they will get beat. They need to just focus one game at a time and let the district title straighten itself out.

WIlliamsburg will show they are the district favorite, and they'll handle Cumberland easily, 42-14.

I saw Williamsburg struggle against Harlan in the Grid, they pulled it out but struggled, Harlan is not going to beat anyone this year. If you think Harlan is better than Cumberland you have a big suprise coming. The score might be

42-14, but it will not be Williamsburg on top unless the skins get a dose of that Jacket Home Cookin they are so famous for.