Williamsburg vs. Cumberland predictions

volfan782000

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

They both are playing exceptional ball right now.

They may have trouble stopping W'burg, but I see problems for W'burg, also.

Can't compare the grid to now.

I honestly think that Cumberland has just enough on the Defensive side of the ball to stop the Jackets and enough offensive power to move the ball on W'burg's D. I'm not saying that Cumberland will "beat down" the Jackets, but will win a hard fought game. 'Skins are probably 1 to 3 players better this year than WHS.

After LCA, this is probably the toughest team W'burg has seen on both sides of the ball. They'll move the ball better than McCreary because they have more than one option. I think Cumberland's ball control and clock management will limit the touches for the Jackets O, and that will cause some problems.

And you're basing your determination of Williamsburg on the fact that you've seen them play this year, right? If not, I can't see how you could think that the Cumberland D has just enough to sop the Jackets.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to every game this year. Bought a season package, including Louisville to end the season!!!

No, I've not seen them in person yet.

I have kept up with them from the various media (aka: radio broadcasts and newspaper) and seen film and scouting reports. I also know they (WHS) have given up points in bunches at times this season. Just a few mental mistakes by a young team turn into points against veteran teams.

I have seen Cumberland play and can compare strengths and weaknesses like any other person.

Have you seen Cumberland play this year other than the grid? You may want to take a look at what they bring.

I'm not saying that they will blow out the Jackets, I am saying that their D is TOUGH and has all the tools to sop the Jackets. They have some big, fast personnel on the offensive side and Defensive side of the ball and that has seemed to cause trouble for the Jackets this year. This WILL BE the 2nd toughest team that Williamsburg High School has faced this year. They are not LCA, but they are very good. WHS may win, with it at home and all. Cumberland has the ability to cause a lot of problems.

Should be a good football game. Cumberland seems to always play the Jackets well at Finley Legion field. I can recall them ruining several Jacket playoff games in the past. Williamsburg has improved as the season has rolled along. I think the young kids have stepped up there play and the experienced line has led the way for the Orange and White. This one is too close to call. It will be determined by the breaks. Who takes care of the football, capitalizes on miscues and wins the war of the trenches. I will take the Jackets at home 42-40. If I can get out of work on Friday I will be in attendance.

This game will help determine if Wburg has any chance against Lynn Camp, since LC went up to Cland and got a big "W". LynnCamp is favorite in district and 2nd behind Hazard right now to win quarter final.

Not really, you can never compare teams based on performances against one common opponent. And not to say that Cumberland and Williamsburg aren't old rivalries, but LC and Williamsburg is one of the better local football rivalries and all bets are off when they play.

Not really, you can never compare teams based on performances against one common opponent. And not to say that Cumberland and Williamsburg aren't old rivalries, but LC and Williamsburg is one of the better local football rivalries and all bets are off when they play.

I agree...but I also think you can compare teams based on 1 common opponent better than you can on no common opponents......I think a high scoring game in this one benefits Wburg

I agree...but I also think you can compare teams based on 1 common opponent better than you can on no common opponents......I think a high scoring game in this one benefits Wburg

One may be better but I would go so far as to say Williamsburg's offense makes it impossible to compare them up based on common opponents. Williamsburg always seems to have the ability to score and their offense can keep them in a lot of games where their defense is just completely outmatched.

I think everyone (including myslef) is going to be surpised with the D from williamsburg this week. It seems like they arent even a factor in this game, and im sure Coach Herron will use that to motivate these kids. The offense we know is sound, this young defense needs to show up in this one, and i'll bet that is being preched to them this week.

They'll move the ball better than McCreary because they have more than one option.

There isn't many teams that move the ball like McCreary, whether they have one or ten different options. Watts had over five-hundred all-purpose yards. When you have production like that, you won't need any other option. I think Cumberland will slow down the Jackets offense and win a close one.

Cumberland 30

Williamsburg 26

Cumberland can move the ball many different ways. They are very strong when moving forward. Hard to stop it when they are just smashing it in your face. That's where we had problems. They'll score enough on W'burg to win, they'll just have to stop the Jackets from scoring like they did against McCreary. D will be the difference in his game, IMO.