Philip Haywood & Dudley Hilton

3wishes

Who reaches 300 first?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who reaches 300 first?

• Philip Haywood
    • Dudley Hilton

Considering Haywood and Hilton each coach the number of seasons as Schneider (whenever he retires), and considering both coaches overall winning percentage, then when all is said and done Hilton will be the state's All-Time winning coach, with Haywood second.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wonder if anyone hss noticed that as Coach Haywood gets further along in his career, he is seaming to be much more outspoken?

When he interviews with the media now-a-days, he just doens't give the generic coach talk,,, he will actually give specific input into what's going to happen in the game.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that Haywood is right now coaching the best of his career, Belfry has been a machine over the past 5 years, even with gradation.

Considering Haywood and Hilton each coach the number of seasons as Schneider (whenever he retires), and considering both coaches overall winning percentage, then when all is said and done Hilton will be the state's All-Time winning coach, with Haywood second.

True, however, if one was to assume that then it might as well be said that Mike Glaser and Sam Harp will destroy the record no matter who sets it. Both have over 270 wins with 5-8 years less coaching experience. They both are going to win a lot of games each year as also. Focusing just on these two coaches, I would really like to compare their records over the years, leaving everyone else out, simply because these are two mountain coaches that are really close to a milestone, that mey never be duplicated in our life times.

IMO when you think of Mtn football right now on Mt. Rushmore you would have Hilton, Haywood, Holcomb, and Larkey. Gosh I wish Larkey's name started with an H!!!:irked:

Better mention Mike Holcomb and Hillard Howard. Two more H's. LOL They are both above the 200 plateu.

I say Haywood and Ivan Mcglone reach 300 on the same night.

Good point, Coach Mcglone has 295 wins (same as Coach Hilton), but 28 of them were at Huntington WV and aren't counted in the KY record books.

Conceivably, all 3 of these coaches could crack the 300 mark on the same night, or at least within a week or 2 at the most of each other.

Amazing.:thumb:

I think with the teams schedules, Hilton will get there first only by one week.....that's including a win over Church Hill Volunteer High School out of Tennessee.

Volunteer has an 8-23 record over the last three years with only one playoff appearance (that season they went 5-6).....so that should be a win.

Hilton should get his 300th win following the Oct. 12 after defeating Sheldon Clark.

Haywood will get the mark the following week after defeating Sheldon Clark as well.

This is a monumental race. What is interesting about these 2 coaches is they have pretty much the same style. They are both very physical smash mouth teams always. I am not for sure how many seasons he has coached (30 maybe?) without a losing record. IMO when you think of Mtn football right now on Mt. Rushmore you would have Hilton, Haywood, Holcomb, and Larkey. Gosh I wish Larkey's name started with an H!!!:irked:
Dont forget another "H" on that mountain-Hillard Howard.