North Laurel vs South Laurel Predictions

Who wins the battle Laurel?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle Laurel?

The comment wasn't even as much about the high schools sport programs as it was about the optimist and little league teams and things like that.

But you said the reason NL has lost through the years is because they tried to showcase someone, or because they relied on someone with a "name". I just wondered what you meant by that, I've watched NL sports since the schools inception, and have not seen it yet.

There's no doubt that when teams work together as a team, they are much more likely to do well, that goes without saying. Let me tell what I've witnessed. Most all coaches think about nothing but winning. They typically try and play the best players no matter who they are. They also typically cut too much slack to kids who are the better athletes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you a question then...A few of you have commented that Jones may be better suited for the QB position than Wardrup and maybe the coaching staff should try a change to move Wardrup to tailback and Jones back to QB instead of receiver. Why do you think that the coaching staff has not tried to make such a change as of yet? The staff certainly didn't hesitate to let one of their back up QB's play the receiver position so, I'm confused as to why they haven't tried to make changes elsewhere.

We all agree that Wardrup has a great deal athletic ability, he just may not be as best suited for the QB position. That's just how I feel about the situation.

Let me ask you a question then...A few of you have commented that Jones may be better suited for the QB position than Wardrup and maybe the coaching staff should try a change to move Wardrup to tailback and Jones back to QB instead of receiver. Why do you think that the coaching staff has not tried to make such a change as of yet? The staff certainly didn't hesitate to let one of their back up QB's play the receiver position so, I'm confused as to why they haven't tried to make changes elsewhere.

We all agree that Wardrup has a great deal athletic ability, he just may not be as best suited for the QB position. That's just how I feel about the situation.

IMO the NL staff likes to keep the media thinking there is some big QB competition going on to attract more attention to the program, when in all actuality they haven't "competed" in the true sense of the word, from what I hear, since Jones was injured early last year. I really don't know why they don't try to move them around just to see how it goes, I have my opinions but I'll keep them to myself.

I'm not stating who's gonna win, but it'll be a battle. South has offensive skill players (many) and north has adrian wardrup. He is an extremely good athlete. Has everything except speed to burn you with. It's gonna be a defensive game. South will have to get their D-line moving and filling holes to stop that run game. I'm not sure what north will try on D. But they'll have to contain Bowling and cover his recievers, mainly the Bailey kid and the King kid. South doesn't have as many bigger linemen. But they have a couple. 6'5 300+ pounder and a few others pushing 250+ South's defense has to stop Brandenburg up the middle and wardrup around the box. That will help tremeundously. I don't really know much of north's ahtlete's. someone please fill me in. But best of luck to both teams. And I hope to see a really, great game.

A couple of comments I have to address:

1. Setters is a GREAT kid, but to compare him to Blair is not fair. Blair was the quickest kid I have EVER seen in a NL uniform in any sport, hands down. He also would hit the hole quickly and not dance around.

2. I would like to know when the coaches have ever featured one kid from NL and not focused on the team. I have been watching NL sports since 1999 and can tell you that just like any other team, if a kid can get the job done, he gets more press clippings and puts up more yards/tackles/TD's, etc. Every coach at NL, just like almost any other school, focuses on the team and what it will take to win.

3. As far as Wardrup, he has all the physical tools to be an excellent QB, but NL needs a TB badly and he is their best open field runner and may have to see some time there.

4. Let's be honest, if you look at the athletes on the NL/SL teams right now, they don't have the same number of quality athletes as the bigtime schools.

5. Where are all the 6'5" 300+ lb linemen at SL or NL for that matter? I have seen both of them in scrimmage and game play, and seen their rosters, and haven't seen one that meets those statements. I did see a couple of 6'4" kids, but none of them are 300+. Neither team has any great size right now.

With this being said, I think this will be another barnburner. Josh Miller (NL) really stepped up last week and hopefully Brandenburg will be back closer to 100% for this game. I think the Jags throw a few more wrinkles at the Cards and pull off a VERY tight game. Bowling could have another great game, but may come up short against a better D than he faced last week. Without the depth at WR Bowling had last year, I think the Jags will pull out a VERY close one unless, .... it comes down to a field goal, then the edge has to go to South with Arnett really showing off a VERY strong and accurate leg last week. I don't think it will be a double digit win for either team like North pulled off last year, but the Jags get the win.

The other forgotten factors could be:

Nelson, the NL DE. He sacked Bowling 3 times last year and had numerous other pressures. They have to slow him down as he seems to have a real nose for a scrambling QB.

King, the SL WR, who looked like the best WR of any of the 4 teams playing last week. Great hands, good patterns and good at getting the yards after the catch. NL better contain him or they could be in for a long night.

NL 27

SL 26

I'm not stating who's gonna win, but it'll be a battle. South has offensive skill players (many) and north has adrian wardrup. He is an extremely good athlete. Has everything except speed to burn you with. It's gonna be a defensive game. South will have to get their D-line moving and filling holes to stop that run game. I'm not sure what north will try on D. But they'll have to contain Bowling and cover his recievers, mainly the Bailey kid and the King kid. South doesn't have as many bigger linemen. But they have a couple. 6'5 300+ pounder and a few others pushing 250+ South's defense has to stop Brandenburg up the middle and wardrup around the box. That will help tremeundously. I don't really know much of north's ahtlete's. someone please fill me in. But best of luck to both teams. And I hope to see a really, great game.

I would say Wardrup is more likely to burn you with his speed and manueverability than anything else in his arsenal.

A couple of comments I have to address:

1. Setters is a GREAT kid, but to compare him to Blair is not fair. Blair was the quickest kid I have EVER seen in a NL uniform in any sport, hands down. He also would hit the hole quickly and not dance around.

2. I would like to know when the coaches have ever featured one kid from NL and not focused on the team. I have been watching NL sports since 1999 and can tell you that just like any other team, if a kid can get the job done, he gets more press clippings and puts up more yards/tackles/TD's, etc. Every coach at NL, just like almost any other school, focuses on the team and what it will take to win.

3. As far as Wardrup, he has all the physical tools to be an excellent QB, but NL needs a TB badly and he is their best open field runner and may have to see some time there.

4. Let's be honest, if you look at the athletes on the NL/SL teams right now, they don't have the same number of quality athletes as the bigtime schools.

5. Where are all the 6'5" 300+ lb linemen at SL or NL for that matter? I have seen both of them in scrimmage and game play, and seen their rosters, and haven't seen one that meets those statements. I did see a couple of 6'4" kids, but none of them are 300+. Neither team has any great size right now.

With this being said, I think this will be another barnburner. Josh Miller (NL) really stepped up last week and hopefully Brandenburg will be back closer to 100% for this game. I think the Jags throw a few more wrinkles at the Cards and pull off a VERY tight game. Bowling could have another great game, but may come up short against a better D than he faced last week. Without the depth at WR Bowling had last year, I think the Jags will pull out a VERY close one unless, .... it comes down to a field goal, then the edge has to go to South with Arnett really showing off a VERY strong and accurate leg last week. I don't think it will be a double digit win for either team like North pulled off last year, but the Jags get the win.

The other forgotten factors could be:

Nelson, the NL DE. He sacked Bowling 3 times last year and had numerous other pressures. They have to slow him down as he seems to have a real nose for a scrambling QB.

King, the SL WR, who looked like the best WR of any of the 4 teams playing last week. Great hands, good patterns and good at getting the yards after the catch. NL better contain him or they could be in for a long night.

NL 27

SL 26

Yeah, I completely agree. If you read the post that I wrote after boucher addressed my comment on Setters, I wasn't comparing their ability; just the way that Blair was used and I thought that Setters would be more effective if he was used more in the same ways, he's not tough enough to run up the middle and that's the only place they use him.

To comment on #5, COMPLETELY agree with you're comment. Neither team really has the size that the big schools do and that just comes back to bite them when they do play the teams with bigger size.

I'm taking North in a close one.

Yeah, I completely agree. If you read the post that I wrote after boucher addressed my comment on Setters, I wasn't comparing their ability; just the way that Blair was used and I thought that Setters would be more effective if he was used more in the same ways, he's not tough enough to run up the middle and that's the only place they use him.

To comment on #5, COMPLETELY agree with you're comment. Neither team really has the size that the big schools do and that just comes back to bite them when they do play the teams with bigger size.

I'm taking North in a close one.

I'm still waiting on your answer to #2:

By the way, I also am picking NL in a close one. :thumb: