North Laurel vs South Laurel Predictions

Who wins the battle Laurel?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle Laurel?

I think what sports monster is trying to say is that this year there is not a Blair, Cessna, Maggard, Smith, Asher, etc. on the team, the go to guy. Most of the parents feel the coaches are trying to make stars out of a couple of kids by promoting them in the media. Let me state I am not saying that. I think the team needs media coverage to draw more attention.

As for the running back matter that's going back and forth, the coaches have Setters, Tyree, Brandenburg, Miller, White, all of which have at some point ran the ball and did a great job at it. If you put your big RB's running or blocking for the runner I think that helps out the O line. I am also going to stick with Wardrup at RB, I think the kid could be the one who will be compared to Blair, and could be better IMO.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what sports monster is trying to say is that this year there is not a Blair, Cessna, Maggard, Smith, Asher, etc. on the team, the go to guy. Most of the parents feel the coaches are trying to make stars out of a couple of kids by promoting them in the media. Let me state I am not saying that. I think the team needs media coverage to draw more attention.

As for the running back matter that's going back and forth, the coaches have Setters, Tyree, Brandenburg, Miller, White, all of which have at some point ran the ball and did a great job at it. If you put your big RB's running or blocking for the runner I think that helps out the O line. I am also going to stick with Wardrup at RB, I think the kid could be the one who will be compared to Blair, and could be better IMO.

First off who is Smith? Second wardrup is a great athlete who needs to be playing quarterback, his talent is very raw, and he needs to work a little on his mechanics but he still should be the quarterback. If wardrup is playing RB then he and his athleticism are going to be accounted for, but at quarterback he isn't always at quarterback. Also IMO his style of running isn't what a team like north wants at RB.

That was in a way what I was trying to get at. I've talked a few parents that have felt that way toward things. I will say a lot of it is parents being parents though and they feel that their kid isn't getting enough attention and will complain but I've also talked to a few that don't have kids on the team anymore that have also expressed this same feeling.

That was in a way what I was trying to get at. I've talked a few parents that have felt that way toward things. I will say a lot of it is parents being parents though and they feel that their kid isn't getting enough attention and will complain but I've also talked to a few that don't have kids on the team anymore that have also expressed this same feeling.

I've never seen/heard a NL Coach promote individual players. Parents need to let their kids play and not worry about newpaper clippings and pictures. Any promotion about a player has come from the press, NOT a coach. Kids will get their props and attention when they play and contribute.

Good Luck to the Jags Friday night.

Everyone come out and watch the powderpuff game NL vs/ SL on Thursday night as well!

This is a great rival game...would love to come and watch it....but will be watching my own Cards. That is what is great about BGP...I can get on the internet and get the scoop of alot of games from across the state.:thumb: Not to mention make great friends.:ylsuper:

Best os luck to both teams.

A couple of comments I have to address:

1. Setters is a GREAT kid, but to compare him to Blair is not fair. Blair was the quickest kid I have EVER seen in a NL uniform in any sport, hands down. He also would hit the hole quickly and not dance around.

2. I would like to know when the coaches have ever featured one kid from NL and not focused on the team. I have been watching NL sports since 1999 and can tell you that just like any other team, if a kid can get the job done, he gets more press clippings and puts up more yards/tackles/TD's, etc. Every coach at NL, just like almost any other school, focuses on the team and what it will take to win.

3. As far as Wardrup, he has all the physical tools to be an excellent QB, but NL needs a TB badly and he is their best open field runner and may have to see some time there.

4. Let's be honest, if you look at the athletes on the NL/SL teams right now, they don't have the same number of quality athletes as the bigtime schools.

5. Where are all the 6'5" 300+ lb linemen at SL or NL for that matter? I have seen both of them in scrimmage and game play, and seen their rosters, and haven't seen one that meets those statements. I did see a couple of 6'4" kids, but none of them are 300+. Neither team has any great size right now.

With this being said, I think this will be another barnburner. Josh Miller (NL) really stepped up last week and hopefully Brandenburg will be back closer to 100% for this game. I think the Jags throw a few more wrinkles at the Cards and pull off a VERY tight game. Bowling could have another great game, but may come up short against a better D than he faced last week. Without the depth at WR Bowling had last year, I think the Jags will pull out a VERY close one unless, .... it comes down to a field goal, then the edge has to go to South with Arnett really showing off a VERY strong and accurate leg last week. I don't think it will be a double digit win for either team like North pulled off last year, but the Jags get the win.

The other forgotten factors could be:

Nelson, the NL DE. He sacked Bowling 3 times last year and had numerous other pressures. They have to slow him down as he seems to have a real nose for a scrambling QB.

King, the SL WR, who looked like the best WR of any of the 4 teams playing last week. Great hands, good patterns and good at getting the yards after the catch. NL better contain him or they could be in for a long night.

NL 27

SL 26

Here are some of the linemen for South that either start or see a lot of playing time.

Aaron Vaughn 6'1 265 - Sophomore

Chaz Proffitt 6'1 245 - Sophomore

Jeremy Armfield 6'4 265 - Junior

Travis Miracle 6'1 270 - Senior

Brad Nolan 6'4 305 - Junior

I guess maybe not great size but not too small either.

Here are some of the linemen for South that either start or see a lot of playing time.

Aaron Vaughn 6'1 265 - Sophomore

Chaz Proffitt 6'1 245 - Sophomore

Jeremy Armfield 6'4 265 - Junior

Travis Miracle 6'1 270 - Senior

Brad Nolan 6'4 305 - Junior

I guess maybe not great size but not too small either.

I think Brad Nolan plays DL and Mark Clontz is the other starter on the OL- I think the Clontz kid is a Junior-- I'll ask around at the game tonight and find out-

Anyone know the scores of the Middle school games last night?

I know that NL's 8th grade won 46-0, starters went a half or so. I thnk that NL also won the 6th grade game, but SL won the 7th grade. NL Cheerleaders won the powderpuff game 14-12 in a very physical battle.