AFC Wildcard Round - Ravens def Colts, Chargers def Bengals

NFC Wildcard Round - Seahawks def Bears, Packers def Eagles

Divisional Round (AFC) - Patriots def Ravens, Chargers def Broncos

Divisional Round (NFC) - Saints def Packers, Seahawks def Cowboys

AFC Championship - Patriots def Chargers

NFC Championship - Seahawks def Saints

Super Bowl - Patriots def Seahawks

Enjoy...

I might post a little more detail of how I arrived at this prediction later. I don't have time now. :thumb:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone predicts the Skins to be better then the Giants. They have an injury proned running back, an injured left tackle, a first year starter at QB...

While the Giants are one of not too many NFL teams that have made back to back playoff appearances. The Giants may not be the best team in the NFL, but I'd put my money on them finishing better than the Skins.

NFC East will look more like this:

1.Eagles

2.Giants

3.Cowboys

4.Redskins

I love how everyone predicts the Skins to be better then the Giants. They have an injury proned running back, an injured left tackle, a first year starter at QB...

While the Giants are one of not too many NFL teams that have made back to back playoff appearances. The Giants may not be the best team in the NFL, but I'd put my money on them finishing better than the Skins.

1.Eagles

2.Giants

3.Cowboys

4.Redskins

1. Cowboys

2. Eagles

3. Giants

4. Redskins

I don't get why everyone loves the Cowboys. They lost their coach and added a different coach who had already failed elsewhere.

I think the Cowboys will be better despite the coaching change. The defense should be improved. If they can find a RB to carry the full load and be dependable, the offense will be better with Romo having a gained valuable experience last year.

If I were to predict the this division, I would say Dallas, Philly, NYG, Washington.

To many question marks in NY. Will Eli take it to the next level? Can Jacobs be The Man? Will the WR's stay healthy? Will Strahan retire and what effect would that have on the defense if he did?

Philly will live and die on what happens to McNabb. McNabb stays healthy and this team contends for the top slot. If not, they're the basement team.

Washington is the team I know the least about, but starting a new QB and having an injured RB doesn't sound like a team that's going to do a whole lot. I know nothing about their defense.

1.Eagles

2.Giants

3.Cowboys

4.Redskins

I think:

1. Eagles (depending on McNabb, Garcia gone really hurts them IMO)

2. Cowboys (defense should be much better and Romo has a year under his belt)

3. Giants (Manning hasn't proven that he has what it takes yet, Tikki was the Giants, Strahan was considering retiring, Burress and Shockey are too much me guys) I like Jacobs but he hasn't proven himself yet and I've never been a big Drughens fan. They both pound the ball though. I like Jacobs.

4. Skins I think Campbell will do OK. Cooley is very underrated. They had weapons last year but didn't use them outside (Randell El etc). I'll be suprised if Portis plays the whole year. Betts is a stud though. Landry was a huge pickup for the skins but in the end they are the skins. They will find a way to blow it with a bunch of talent.

I don't get why everyone loves the Cowboys. They lost their coach and added a different coach who had already failed elsewhere.

Why should we expect the Giants to be good? You're quick to point out the other team's flaws, but don't say much about the Giants, so let's look at them. They've squeaked into the playoffs. They have a coach who is always struggling with turmoil and discontent from his players and is likely in his last season. Their best player and a huge percentage of their offense retired. They have an injury prone tight end. The best receiver on the team is often uninspired and erratic with his play. The QB is also very inconsistent. The OL is nothing great. The best player on the defense is considering retirement and is on the backside of his career anyway. And there are question marks with the back 7 of their defense.

So tell me, why is it funny to expect little from the Giants this year? Maybe they will finish better than the Skins. Maybe not. It wouldn't surprise me either way, but it's pretty easy to justify picking them where I did.

I think the Cowboys will be better despite the coaching change. The defense should be improved. If they can find a RB to carry the full load and be dependable, the offense will be better with Romo having a gained valuable experience last year.

If I were to predict the this division, I would say Dallas, Philly, NYG, Washington.

To many question marks in NY. Will Eli take it to the next level? Can Jacobs be The Man? Will the WR's stay healthy? Will Strahan retire and what effect would that have on the defense if he did?

Philly will live and die on what happens to McNabb. McNabb stays healthy and this team contends for the top slot. If not, they're the basement team.

Washington is the team I know the least about, but starting a new QB and having an injured RB doesn't sound like a team that's going to do a whole lot. I know nothing about their defense.

I wouldn't be too concerned with Washington's RB situation...even without Portis, they have a pretty good runner in Betts. Unless both guys go down, they'll have a solid ground game. The question is how the passing game progresses.

I wouldn't be too concerned with Washington's RB situation...even without Portis, they have a pretty good runner in Betts. Unless both guys go down, they'll have a solid ground game. The question is how the passing game progresses.

Even with Chris Samuels out? He's suffered a pretty bad injury in camp hasn't he?

I can answer all of your questions on the G-Men.

Eli has played well over the past few seasons. A bit inconsistent, but he's thrown more TD's than most QB's over the past two seasons. He's still young, and he now has a new QB coach (Chris Palmer). I think he can benefit from that. He played very well last year until Amani Toomer got hurt. When Toomer went down, his numbers slumped. Toomer is back, along with a few young guys who could step up. (Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss).

Strahan IMO will not retire. The Giants do need him badly on D IMO...

Regardless, do not worry about the Giants performance vs Carolina. Carolina had just implemented a new zone blocking scheme, which means the Giants had no way to be prepared for that. All they had to go on was past games...plus...it's preseason and 2 d-line starters were out. :D

I think:

1. Eagles (depending on McNabb, Garcia gone really hurts them IMO)

2. Cowboys (defense should be much better and Romo has a year under his belt)

3. Giants (Manning hasn't proven that he has what it takes yet, Tikki was the Giants, Strahan was considering retiring, Burress and Shockey are too much me guys) I like Jacobs but he hasn't proven himself yet and I've never been a big Drughens fan. They both pound the ball though. I like Jacobs.

4. Skins I think Campbell will do OK. Cooley is very underrated. They had weapons last year but didn't use them outside (Randell El etc). I'll be suprised if Portis plays the whole year. Betts is a stud though. Landry was a huge pickup for the skins but in the end they are the skins. They will find a way to blow it with a bunch of talent.

Manning has been a bit inconsistent, but he's been better than the average QB in the NFL. His last name brings a lot of hype, and a ton of critics as well.

Strahan is considering retirement, but I do not feel that he will retire.

Burress and Shockey have been considered "me" guys by media. Ask any of their teammates and I'm sure you'll hear different. Shockey and Burress were in mini camp this year, instead of in Miami the whole time.

Jacobs will be a beast. Droughns has ran well for a couple of teams (Denver, Cleveland) he's a great #2 option.

Why should we expect the Giants to be good? You're quick to point out the other team's flaws, but don't say much about the Giants, so let's look at them. They've squeaked into the playoffs. They have a coach who is always struggling with turmoil and discontent from his players and is likely in his last season. Their best player and a huge percentage of their offense retired. They have an injury prone tight end. The best receiver on the team is often uninspired and erratic with his play. The QB is also very inconsistent. The OL is nothing great. The best player on the defense is considering retirement and is on the backside of his career anyway. And there are question marks with the back 7 of their defense.

So tell me, why is it funny to expect little from the Giants this year? Maybe they will finish better than the Skins. Maybe not. It wouldn't surprise me either way, but it's pretty easy to justify picking them where I did.

Shockey has only missed a significant amount of games 1 season...that was his 2nd season. How is he injury proned? He's been banged up some, but he plays through a lot of pain.

Their OL is nothing great? How you think Tiki gained all those yards?

Eli is a bit inconsistent, but what has Jason Campbell done? Tony Romo? Romo hasn't played an entire year, yet he's already crowned as a top notch QB? :lol: Most overrated player in the NFL for 2006 = Tony Romo.

Burress actually plays very inspired. Go back and look at some of Tiki's longest runs and see who's out there lead blocking. I guarantee you see #17 out there a lot.

Strahan isn't the best player on the D anymore. He's probably top 3...but not the best. I'd give that to Pierce, or Umenyiora.

I never said you should expect the Giants to win the superbowl. I don't predict them to at this point. I do think they're a much better team than the Redskins.

Since we're talking about it, I guess I'll start with a more detailed look at the NFC East...

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys (11-5)

Additions: RG Leonard Davis, S Ken Hamlin, QB Brad Johnson

Losses: QB Drew Bledsoe, LB Ryan Fowler, C Al Johnson

Offense

The Cowboys ranked 4th in ppg last season. Expect the offense to be good again. Tony Romo should improve with more experience, and he is surrounded by plenty of weapons. They have a solid 1-2 punch in the backfield with Julius Jones and Marion Barber III. Jones does a great job of moving the chains between the 20's, and then Barber takes over in the red zone (16 TD in 2006). Barber has also proven to be a dependable receiver out of the backfield, which leads us to the receiving unit. This is an elite group. Terrell Owens, despite the baggage he brings, produces on the field, especially in the red zone (13 TD in '06). He give Romo a great target close to the end zone. Terry Glenn is a big play guy, still with great speed. Patrick Crayton is a solid 3rd receiver. Jason Witten is the total package at TE. He is sometimes overlooked with the weapons they have on the outside, but he's a great player. Anthony Fasano is a solid second option at TE and gives them the flexibility to play two TE's or give Witten a break. The offensive line is dominating, but they are solid and the addition of Leonard Davis should help, especially in the run game.

Overall, expect the Cowboy offense to be explosive. There could be some ups and downs as Romo matures, but they should become more and more consistent as the season progresses. This should be an elite unit.

Defense

The defensive line is solid. Jason Ferguson is a big key at tackle. He's a run-stuffer and the job he does helps free up some of the playmakers. The ends, Marcus Spears and Chris Canty are also solid. They have shown flashes of being playmakers and may have more impact under Phillip's more aggressive scheme. DeMarcus Ware is emerging as a star and should be a big time performer this year. The rest of the starting LB's (Akin Ayodele, Greg Ellis, and Bradie James) form a very good unit. There are questions about Greg Ellis being able to return, but the Cowboys have good depth. They've spent their last two first-round picks on LB's (Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Spencer). They need another pass-rusher to complement Ware and they're hoping Spencer who had 10.5 sacks for Purdue last season can fill that role. The secondary should be an elite group with the addition of Ken Hamlin at safety. Roy Williams is a huge playmaker when he can play in the box and attack the line of scrimmage, and Hamlin's presence should allow him to do so more frequently. The corners are also a good group. Terence Newman has the tools to be an elite corner. Anthony Henry is a big, physical guy who can make plays on the other side and veteran Aaron Glenn gives them a solid nickel guy.

Bottom line, the defense should be solid, but could be even better. They should be more aggressive under Phillips which means if the players respond, this unit could wreak havoc against opponents.

The special teams should be pretty good with no glaring weaknesses.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)

Additions: WR Kevin Curtis, QB Kelly Holcomb, WR Bethel Johnson, DT Monte Reagor, DT Ian Scott, LB Takeo Spikes

Losses: LB Shawn Barber, QB Jeff Garcia, Roderick Hood, S Michael Lewis, WR Donte' Stallworth, DT Darwin Walker

Offense

They need McNabb and Westbrook to stay healthy. Period. Overlooked in the hoopla of Garcia's success at QB after McNabb's injury last year is the fact that Philly displayed a renewed committment to the running game during that time. And Brian Westbrook showed he can get the job done. They still need to find someone to split some carries with Westbrook and an injury to Ryan Moats in the pre-season didn't help. The receivers should be solid. Reggie Brown should be a dependable target for McNabb. They added Kevin Curtis from the Rams and he should be adequate. Hank Baskett at 6-4, 220 lbs gives them some size. At TE, L. J. Smith is a good player and great short yardage and red zone option. He has the tools to be an elite TE, but concentration lapses and drops have kept him back. The line is very good, especially when the Eagles committ to running the ball. The right side with Jon Runyan and Shawn Andrews can be dominating.

Overall, if they can stay healthy, this should be a consistent and high scoring offense.

Defense

The Eagles have always thrived on pressuring the QB and creating turnovers, but the run defense has been abysmal lately and that must change. Jevon Kearse isn't close to the player he once was, or even the player he was when he arrived in Philly. The D-line has some serious questions. They really need DT's Mike Patterson and Brodrick Bunkley to step up. The defensive end's leave something to be desired. It's a good thing the Eagles love to blitz, because they probably won't get consistent pressure any other way. Takeo Spikes should improve the LB group, especially if he can regain his pre-achilles tear form. Trotter is solid in the middle. They need to find a dependable guy to play the strong side. The corners slipped a bit last year, as you would expect when the front seven slips. Brown and Sheppard are one of the better duos in the league. Brian Dawkins is the leader and best player on the defense. He's a well-rounded player, great against the pass and solid against the run. He's an intimidating hitter over the middle. The loss of Michael Lewis will hurt and they'll need to find someone to replace him.

David Akers is one of the best kickers in the league and they should be able to field a solid return game between Bethel Johnson and Jeremy Bloom.

Bottom line, health is a big key on both sides. The offense should be an elite unit if they stay healthy and stay committed to the run. The defense would also benefit from an offense that runs the ball more and controls clock, because unless there are some surprise performances, it probably won't be a run-stuffing unit. If the offense can get a lead and control the ball to some degree, the defense could wreak havoc with Jim Johnson's creative blitzing schemes and a strong secondary.

3. Washington Redskins (8-8)

Additions: OL Jason Fabini, MLB London Fletcher-Baker, CB David Macklin, CB Fred Smoot

Losses: S Adam Archuleta, OL Derrick Dockery, WR David Patten, CB Kenny Wright

Offense

The offense could be pretty good if Jason Campbell develops into a consistent player. He has the tools and shows good poise in the pocket, but needs to be more accurate. They should be set at RB with Portis and Betts. Portis is the better of the two, but Betts is more than adequate if he's forced to start as evidenced by a 1,000 yard season in 2006. At WR Santana Moss is still an explosive threat with great hands, but they need Brandon Lloyd or Randle El to step up and take some pressure off of him. Chris Cooley is a good TE and a great fit for Washington's scheme. The loss of Dockery will hurt the line, but it's still a very good group with two solid tackles.

Overall, if Campbell progresses and develops some chemistry with his offense and the rest of the group improves in Saunder's scheme the offense has a chance to surprise some people and be much better than last year.

Defense

Gregg Williams is one of the best DC's in the game and he needs to get more out of this unit. The line isn't going to be elite, but it could be better if they stay healthy and the 'Skins need it to be. Andre Carter came on strong late last season and needs to continue that at DE and Cornelius Griffin needs to play up to his position at DT. If they can, it will go a long way toward boosting this unit. The LB group should be pretty solid. Marcus Washington is a stud out OLB and London Fletcher-Baker should shore up the middle, despite being on the backside of his career. Rocky McIntosh is a high energy player and will get a chance to start on the other side. The secondary should be an elite unit. Shawn Springs takes care of one side, and if Carlos Rogers can bounce back from a sophomore slump, they should have a solid set of corners. Fred Smoot's addition should give them a good nickel option. At safety, Sean Taylor is a huge hitter and a great player, but he could be better. His eagerness to deliver big hits leads to big plays too often. Rookie LaRon Landry should be a great complement Taylor well as he is great in pass coverage and a physical player.

Overall, this group should be better than last year if they play to their potential. How good they are depends largely on the front four's performance. They have to get pressure on the quarterback, which was sorely lacking last year.

Bottom line, the 'Skins have a lot of potential, but it's not likely they'll fully reach it. If Campbell falters and the defense doesn't gel, they could be bad once again. I split the difference and say 8-8.

4. New York Giants (5-11)

Additions: RB Reuben Droughns, LB Kawika Mitchell, QB Anthony Wright

Losses: LB LaVar Arrington, RB Tiki Barber, WR Tim Carter, LB Carlos Emmons, K Jay Feely, KR Chad Morton, OT Luke Petitgout, TE Visanthe Shiancoe, LB Brandon Short, CB Frank Walker, OT Bob Whitfield

Offense

First off, Eli Manning must become more consistent and improve his accuracy. The two may be closely related. At RB, Tiki Barber is gone and it's time to find out if Brandon Jacobs can be the man. They have Droughns, but for the Giants to get where they want to be, he better be a backup. They need Jacobs take control of the starting job and play up to the potential he has shown as Barber's understudy. The receiving group has big potential but is also up and down. Burress is a big physical guy and a big play receiver who gives Manning a go to guy, but he also disappears too often. Amani Toomer is a solid veteran, if he can recover from a torn ACL. The big potential is if Sinorice Moss and rookie Steve Smith can emerge as real weapons for this offense. If they do, the passing game could be really explosive. At TE, Shockey is an elite talent, but he's injury prone and too often underused in the Giant offense. The offensive line could be better. RG Chris Snee is the best player on the line. If David Diehl can hold up at LT, the line could be pretty good.

Overall, the offense has the potential to be elite if all of the "ifs" work out. Otherwise, they'll show flashes but be maddeningly inconsistent.

Defense

The strength of the defense is it's DE's (Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora), but if Strahan retires, it would be a huge blow to this group as a whole. The tackles leave much to be desired and that's not good for any defense. Antonio Pierce is a great player and the best of the linebacking group. If Mathias Kiwanuka makes a smooth switch to LB and Kawika Mitchell makes a good transition to the Giants system, this group could be pretty good. The corners are a weakness. Sam Madison is on the downside of his career and Corey Webster just isn't an elite guy. Hopefully, rookie Aaron Ross can make an instant impact at that position. It would help tremendously. The safeties underachieved last year and should be better this year. Will Demps is a solid player and Gibril Wilson has big potential but needs to live up to it.

Overall, this group has some potential, but a lot of ifs. Don't expect a miracle.

The special teams are solid. There is a question of how good kicker Josh Huston will be, but punter Jeff Feagles is solid. If Sinorice Moss can boost the return game it would help tremendously.

Bottom line, they were 8-8 with Tiki Barber last year. No reason to expect them to improve without him. Too many questions.