5wide's 2007 NFL Predictions

5wide

Tiki Barber, as much as I hate to admit it, was a distraction to the team last year. That was obvious. The retirement talk got old after 1 week, and it lasted an entire season.

I've seen Toomer running on videos at camp. I've seen reports that Toomer looks as good as always and is out there returning punts even in practice at camp. You haven't. I said Eli was inconsistent. Did you not read that? Even with his inconsistency, he's an above average QB. If his inconsistency problems are solved, then he'll be a pro bowl QB every year.

The Redskins were a TERRIBLE team last season. Their defense isn't as good as it once was, and their offense isn't very good either. The Giants only key loss really was Tiki Barber. So what if Brandon Jacobs turns out to be what many Giant fans expect him to be?

I'll admit the Giants have questions. But every team does. The Cowboys have a young QB with less than a year's experience, and a nut case at WR along with an aging WR (Terry Glenn). They can't seem to figure out who they want to start at RB. They're defense was solid under Parcells, but a new coaching regime may change things. They have a re-tread coach who hasn't really been successful anywhere...what makes Cowboy fans optimistic about that.

The Eagles have an injury proned QB, an inconsistent running game, and no WR's worth mentioning. LJ Smith was injured in camp earlier, not sure how bad it was and they're defense is full of aging guys (Trotter, Dawkins, Kearse).

The Redskins have a young QB with little experience and an injury proned RB. They have one consistent WR and a few that show flashes, but nothing consistent (randel el, lloyd). Their offensive line isn't anything great, is it? They also don't have the top notch defense they once had.

Every team has questions...not just the Giants.

*About Shockey: He does get hurt a lot, but that's because of his style of play. He plays hard each and every down. I can understand calling McNabb injury proned, or Portis. They miss time when they're injured. Shockey gets HURT. Being hurt and being injured are different. Shockey has had over 600 yards every year in the NFL aside from the one he had to sit out a few games. He had almost 900 yards 2 seasons ago and 7 TD's each of the past two seasons. He's a top 3 TE in the NFL even when he's "hurt".

That young QB & Nut case are fairing pretty well this season.

Romo is tied atop the NFC QB ratings with Delhomme..Both with a 111.9 rating.

Romo also leads the NFC going into Monday night's New Orleans-Tennessee game in average yards per attempt (9.77) and is tied with Delhomme for first with eight touchdown passes.

That "nut case" is 4th in the league with 329 receiving yards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That young QB & Nut case are fairing pretty well this season.

Romo is tied atop the NFC QB ratings with Delhomme..Both with a 111.9 rating.

Romo also leads the NFC going into Monday night's New Orleans-Tennessee game in average yards per attempt (9.77) and is tied with Delhomme for first with eight touchdown passes.

That "nut case" is 4th in the league with 329 receiving yards.

The Cowboys are playing well, but it's 3 games into the season. The Giants while they are 2-1, have played some good competition so far. Their opponents combined record is 8-1...the lone loss is the Giants over the Skins. Giants schedule gets a little easer after Philly. I think they get Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, San Fran and Minnesota...