Dixie/NCC Scrimmage

mexitucky

Yes, but its a tune up for the coaches too. You wouldn't want to get the headphones out for the first game and realize it isn't working properly. Even the spotters should get a game for practice before the real thing so why not?

I will check and see which team is using them, I would almost guess that both will. Either way I will devliver a full report.:D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to stop by the Gatlinburg Brewery and order a round of "testers." That and a steak at Calhouns.

We're planning on going to the Brewery or Bubba Gumps tonight, but an 18 month little girl dictates a lot of things down here. :D

Scoring Recap

First Quarter

Dixie 14 NCC 12 (two blown PATs)

Dixie held NCC to 3 and out despite NCC completeing 2 passes.

Dixie went on a sustained drive aided by a new Super Bowl record 4 offsides on NCC to lead 7-0.

NCC went out quickly again and Dixie score on a pass on the first or second play. 14-0 Dixie.

NCC then went on a very nice drive to make it 14-6.

NCC intercepted Dixie on the the next drive and returned it to the 11 but Dixie forced an NCC field goal try to missed badly.

NCC intercepted Dixie again on the next series and returned it for a TD. Two point try no good. 14-12

Second quarter

Dixie with a very nice drive to make it 21-12. Nice mix of run and pass.

Dixie with another two minute offense drive right thru the NCC defense before halftime to make it 28-12.

Third Quarter

NCC with a decent drive to make it 28-19.

Dixie scored on the last play of the quarter on a long TD pass. Blown PAT 34-19.

Dixie Highlights:

1. Offense looked good both in the air and on the ground.

2. Defense was pretty solid. Bent but didn't break that much against the NCC pass attack.

3. Run defense outstanding.

4. Kickoffs deep in the endzone.

Dixie Lowlights:

1. Two INTs deep in their own territory.

2. One fumble, one muffed punt.

NCC Highlights:

1. QB threw fairly well and ran well. No turnovers.

2. Defensive End and Linebacker with INTs.

NCC Lowlights:

1. Could not stop Dixie on 3rd and long and 4th and long.

2. Could not run the ball at all (other than the QB).

3. Defensive backs had a bad night. Did not locate the ball.

4. Too many penalties giving Dixie first downs.

5. Not a good tackling night.

1st Quarter = Dixie came out on fire and scored 14 unanswered points while marching down the field on their first two possessions. Midway thru the first period NCC's defense came to life forcing a turnover (int) deep inside Colonel territory all the way to the five. A few plays later and NCC walked in for a score, extra point was missed. Next the defense picked another pass on another quick out but the O stalled and missed a field goal opportunity. Dixie's O didn't hang on long though as NCC made a nother turnover (int) and returned it for a TD. The point after kick failed once more.

2nd Quarter = NCC was totally dominated by Dixie who scored another 14 points.

Halftime 28 -12 Dixie

3rd Quarter = Dixie drove the ball well in the third, but dropped quite a few passes. NCC looked much better Offensively and put 7 more points on the board. Dixie then answered with a long drive to add another 6, kick failed.

Just before the end of the third NCC was pushed back on 3 consecutive plays and forced to punt. The Dixie returner fumbled the ball and NCC recovered. After that the JV went in.

Varsity final Dixie 34 - NCC 19

IMO NCC's JV outplayed Dixie, even though it was 10 and 10.

BUT THE WINNER OF THIS YEARS SUPER BOWL IS.......

1-2-3 DIXIE PRIDE

Dixie Highlights:

1. Offense looked good both in the air and on the ground.

2. Defense was pretty solid. Bent but didn't break that much against the NCC pass attack.

3. Run defense outstanding.

4. Kickoffs deep in the endzone.

Dixie Lowlights:

1. Two INTs deep in their own territory.

2. One fumble, one muffed punt.

NCC Highlights:

1. QB threw fairly well and ran well. No turnovers.

2. Defensive End and Linebacker with INTs.

NCC Lowlights:

1. Could not stop Dixie on 3rd and long and 4th and long.

2. Could not run the ball at all (other than the QB).

3. Defensive backs had a bad night. Did not locate the ball.

4. Too many penalties giving Dixie first downs.

5. Not a good tackling night.

APNW you must have been there cause we both saw the same game.:D :laugh:

Ncc did not get there heads around on the ball enough on passes over the top and once again this week could not tackle the ball carrier

I agree that they have a lot to work on but they will be fine. There is alot of talent running around on the Breds sideline. They had a ton of very good players. If they were in our Division they would do just fine by playoff time I am sure.:cool:

APNW you must have been there cause we both saw the same game.:D :laugh:

I wouldn't want to be an NCC defensive back in practice this week. Think there might be some work down there. And that was suppossed to be a strongpoint this year as most of them were returning players.

Also the run game would merit some concern. Early last year they had some trouble running out of the spread formation and had to go to two backs and a tight end. That might be in order soon.

Dixie looks sharper than usual on offense especially this early in the year. (Remember last years debacle in the opener at Highlands). That has to give them some confidence heading into the start of the season. Just eliminate turnovers and it could be really good.

I wouldn't want to be an NCC defensive back in practice this week. Think there might be some work down there. And that was suppossed to be a strongpoint this year as most of them were returning players.

Also the run game would merit some concern. Early last year they had some trouble running out of the spread formation and had to go to two backs and a tight end. That might be in order soon.

Dixie looks sharper than usual on offense especially this early in the year. (Remember last years debacle in the opener at Highlands). That has to give them some confidence heading into the start of the season. Just eliminate turnovers and it could be really good.

At times we looked as good as we are, and at others looked like.... well last years team.:D

Overall Dixie is right where they should be. Neither team did much out of their base offenses, which accounted for a few of the misscues. I still saw too many arm tackles by the colonels but a whole lot less than last week. NCC looked a bit confused most of the night. They would put a good series together and then seem to fall apart.

NCC's short passing game was awesome. I liked the routes and the QB most of the time. I would be concerned by the D and lack of running game if I were them. That is very uncharacteristic for NCC. If your a bred Defensive Back, good luck this week. If your an Offensive lineman plan on run blocking, and if your a RB make sure you stretch. I see alot of running this week on the hill.

I attended the scrimmage and was very impressed with BOTH teams. Dixie is ENORMOUS! If they can stay in shape, they will have a nice year. With that said, they should beat NCC in this scrimmage and they did, but I think NCC was the more "polished" team. They will be very good and make a run and give Beechwood and CCH a run for their money. Another state title?

Dixie seemed to have some highs and lows. On one drive, they would look perfect, and the next drive would result in a botched snap, an errant pass and some poor execution. If they can avoid making mistakes and get ahead early against some teams like highlands and cch, they will be ok.

Well, much better start than last year! Looks like all that off season working out has given rise to a team that may not need a few games to get it going! I know the men have been working hard and are hoping for a good season...we'll see! For the first time in a few years the team looks ready, really ready and I know the fans sure are! Great job men, stay cool and stay focused! Show 'em your true Dixie Pride! :ylsuper:

Well, much better start than last year! Looks like all that off season working out has given rise to a team that may not need a few games to get it going! I know the men have been working hard and are hoping for a good season...we'll see! For the first time in a few years the team looks ready, really ready and I know the fans sure are! Great job men, stay cool and stay focused! Show 'em your true Dixie Pride! :ylsuper:

Nice to see ya again Fisky! I agree that the team looks pretty good. I was impressed by all the work they have put in. I hope that our walking wounded get healthy too as we have some pretty good kids not in pads right now. Great Job Colonels but don't let up. Highlands and CCH aren't I can assure you.

P.S. Thanks for a great game and a SuperBowl victory!:D :laugh:

1-2-3 Dixie Pride!