Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie/NCC Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Since nobody has started this I will, in honor of Mak. Throw out all the records when these two teams meet in the preseason. NewCath and Dixie play for bragging rights when the week 8 polls come out for NKY.:p I am very excited to get to see my lil cus play high school football for the first time. If anyone knows, the freshman practice after the varsity, correct?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is only one preseason game you make it to this year, it has to be the NewCath/Dixie showdown. :thumb:

If only so that you can have something to add to the inevitable debate that is sure to follow.:lol:

The truth is the coaches and players could care less, it's a few of us fans who have made this one mean so much.:lol:

Still, I'll be there early so I can get a good seat.:D

  • Author
If only so that you can have something to add to the inevitable debate that is sure to follow.:lol:

The truth is the coaches and players could care less, it's a few of us fans who have made this one mean so much.:lol:

Still, I'll be there early so I can get a good seat.:D

 

I'm bringing out the twins with me to watch, so I'll see you there.

I'm bringing out the twins with me to watch, so I'll see you there.

Cool, hopefully they won't reschedule this one for 8:00 AM because of the heat.

It didn't hurt attendance at Dixie that much this week, but if it is held in the evening I would think that it might get a packed house.

Either way, I'll be there.

Do I have ANY chance of securing tickets so close to this battle?

:D

Do I have ANY chance of securing tickets so close to this battle?

That depends, do you have five bucks?:D

Why is this such a big deal?? Enlighten me...is/was there bad blood?

Why is this such a big deal?? Enlighten me...is/was there bad blood?

I'm not sure exactly when, but I think about three years ago there was a huge debate on BGP about the importance and outcome of this "scrimmage" game. The two teams have been scheduling each other since NCC began it's rise back to prominence in the late 90's. Initially the results of the scrimmage was ugly from what I remember, but before long NCC was more than a match.

 

 

I believe both squads respect the other and look forward to testing themselves against a skilled opponent. It has turned into a very competitive pre season game. Before NCC became state champs, some of their fans used this pre season game to support their claims of local supremacy while debating the NKY top ten in the Cincinnati Enquirer. The poll is a cross class ranking of local teams.

 

 

I'm sure the coaches are more worried about working on things for their respective seasons than winning a meaningless scrimmage.

Besides, in the past one team or the other has clearly been the winner only to have the opposing teams fans rewrite the victor on BGP. :p

 

I don't know of any permanent bad blood.

In short, we have a lot of fun with it, regardless of who wins. It is and always has been a great game to watch. :D :thumb:

:p

Why is this such a big deal?? Enlighten me...is/was there bad blood?

 

This is strictly a BGP deal from about 4 or 5 seasons ago. Our boy Mak was just hyping his NCC boys so much before and after this scrimmage that we now refer to it as the Super Bowl of Scrimmages.

This is strictly a BGP deal from about 4 or 5 seasons ago. Our boy Mak was just hyping his NCC boys so much before and after this scrimmage that we now refer to it as the Super Bowl of Scrimmages.

You said that so much shorter than I did I almost feel guilty.:laugh:

Is FSN Ohio carrying this one?

The rumor is that GameTime, Boomer and Trumpy are going to do the play by play.

 

That's just what I heard.:D

This is strictly a BGP deal from about 4 or 5 seasons ago. Our boy Mak was just hyping his NCC boys so much before and after this scrimmage that we now refer to it as the Super Bowl of Scrimmages.

 

It didn't help that the Grand Poobah (aka The Guru) took Dixie to task a couple of years ago for showing up "flat" for this titantic struggle a couple of years ago and getting throttled.

 

Actually neither coaching staff puts any more emphasis on this game than any other normal scrimmage, but because they usually play 3 quarters with regular high school rules and is a small school against a big school, it usually provides some small sort of measuring stick for the different classes.

I'm getting a tear remembering some of the classic Mak moments.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.