Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Johnson

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say that he plays worst when shooting off his mouth. Anytime he says he's going to showboat, the opposing team works harder to shut him down.

 

I'm not talking the prerequisite stuff where he says before a game, "I'm gonna do this or that," because your right, that is chalkboard material. I'm saying the spontaneous stuff that happens when he gets to the endzone to celebrate. In the games when he was trying to cool it and just play, toss the ball back to the official, and generally not be Chad, he didn't have near as good of games...

I'd like to see Chad step up and score more touchdowns. I think he may have scored less than 3 the last 10 games last season. He seemed like a non factor there for while. Forget the celebrations he better worry about Henry and TJ overshadowing him.

I don't think Chad has to have a big day in scoring and yards to be effective. If he doesn't get a look all day but the other receivers have a big day, then he's done his job.

I 110% agree with Marvin. Chad Johnson is a heckuva ball player, but his shenanigans are childish and immature. Is it really worth sitting out a couple games because you want to celebrate after a touchdown? How does that help you bet back in "true form?" How does that help your team?

 

You're a Barry Bonds fan?

I don't think Chad has to have a big day in scoring and yards to be effective. If he doesn't get a look all day but the other receivers have a big day, then he's done his job.

 

How long are you going to get his best effort if that happens though? That's the problem. These guys say they don't care if they catch a pass as long as the team is winning, but I don't believe it. They might be happy, but they won't give you their best effort if they aren't getting the ball...especially stars like CJ...you have to get them involved.

How long are you going to get his best effort if that happens though? That's the problem. These guys say they don't care if they catch a pass as long as the team is winning, but I don't believe it. They might be happy, but they won't give you their best effort if they aren't getting the ball...especially stars like CJ...you have to get them involved.
Point taken. Apparently humility is not a wide receiver quality.

Marvin...sit Chad down for a game or two? Yeah...right. :lol:

I don't care what he does in terms of celebrations as long as he produces, as obviously he has. I think it is stupid the regulations that the NFL has on celebrations in the first place. The NFL is entertainment, and as long as the celebrations aren't disrespectful (which Chad's aren't) or overdone (ok, which some of Chad's are) then it should be ok.

I think the real issue is Chad has the maturity of about a 15 year old. When you understand that it puts everything else in perspective.

How long are you going to get his best effort if that happens though? That's the problem. These guys say they don't care if they catch a pass as long as the team is winning, but I don't believe it. They might be happy, but they won't give you their best effort if they aren't getting the ball...especially stars like CJ...you have to get them involved.

He gives them a better chance at winning than any other WR on the field no reason to not get him the point.

I don't care what he does in terms of celebrations as long as he produces, as obviously he has. I think it is stupid the regulations that the NFL has on celebrations in the first place. The NFL is entertainment, and as long as the celebrations aren't disrespectful (which Chad's aren't) or overdone (ok, which some of Chad's are) then it should be ok.

 

Nicely put. I've always thought this way.

At least the controversy he's causing is coming on the field in a productive manner rather than off the field...

I'd say that he plays worst when shooting off his mouth. Anytime he says he's going to showboat, the opposing team works harder to shut him down.

 

Which is why Chris Henry and T.J. Ho-Cha-Ma-Call-It were/are so important to this team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.