Chad Johnson

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that he plays worst when shooting off his mouth. Anytime he says he's going to showboat, the opposing team works harder to shut him down.

I'm not talking the prerequisite stuff where he says before a game, "I'm gonna do this or that," because your right, that is chalkboard material. I'm saying the spontaneous stuff that happens when he gets to the endzone to celebrate. In the games when he was trying to cool it and just play, toss the ball back to the official, and generally not be Chad, he didn't have near as good of games...

I'd like to see Chad step up and score more touchdowns. I think he may have scored less than 3 the last 10 games last season. He seemed like a non factor there for while. Forget the celebrations he better worry about Henry and TJ overshadowing him.

I 110% agree with Marvin. Chad Johnson is a heckuva ball player, but his shenanigans are childish and immature. Is it really worth sitting out a couple games because you want to celebrate after a touchdown? How does that help you bet back in "true form?" How does that help your team?

You're a Barry Bonds fan?

I don't think Chad has to have a big day in scoring and yards to be effective. If he doesn't get a look all day but the other receivers have a big day, then he's done his job.

How long are you going to get his best effort if that happens though? That's the problem. These guys say they don't care if they catch a pass as long as the team is winning, but I don't believe it. They might be happy, but they won't give you their best effort if they aren't getting the ball...especially stars like CJ...you have to get them involved.

How long are you going to get his best effort if that happens though? That's the problem. These guys say they don't care if they catch a pass as long as the team is winning, but I don't believe it. They might be happy, but they won't give you their best effort if they aren't getting the ball...especially stars like CJ...you have to get them involved.
Point taken. Apparently humility is not a wide receiver quality.

I don't care what he does in terms of celebrations as long as he produces, as obviously he has. I think it is stupid the regulations that the NFL has on celebrations in the first place. The NFL is entertainment, and as long as the celebrations aren't disrespectful (which Chad's aren't) or overdone (ok, which some of Chad's are) then it should be ok.

He gives them a better chance at winning than any other WR on the field no reason to not get him the point.

I don't care what he does in terms of celebrations as long as he produces, as obviously he has. I think it is stupid the regulations that the NFL has on celebrations in the first place. The NFL is entertainment, and as long as the celebrations aren't disrespectful (which Chad's aren't) or overdone (ok, which some of Chad's are) then it should be ok.

Nicely put. I've always thought this way.