Window Washers

h.s.sportsrbest

Okay, my office is on the 17th floor and I have a window washer outside my window -- banging into it with his feet and his bucket. I'm not afraid to tell you guys that I wouldn't take that job for twice what I make. My palms are sweaty just looking at him on what amounts to an old wood swing, with a cable and a couple of ropes holding him and a big ol' bucket of suds hanging off of his belt.

Am I the only one that would not be able to pull that off?

Not to mention, if you have your back to the window and they "arrive" outside (banging on the glass with both feet as they brace themselves) you nearly have a heart attack. :D

Do you work in Carew?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Several years ago we were going to a Bengals game at Riverfront Stadium and a friend said lets park in Covington and walk across the suspension bridge. Well there were several others that walked to and the bridge kept swaying and going up and down. That was it for me I will only drive or ride accross bridges. Too scary for me. JD

Several years ago we were going to a Bengals game at Riverfront Stadium and a friend said lets park in Covington and walk across the suspension bridge. Well there were several others that walked to and the bridge kept swaying and going up and down. That was it for me I will only drive or ride accross bridges. Too scary for me. JD

Ha when I was younger, not TOO much these days, I used to always be afraid to walk accross the bridge for games. I used tol always be afraid some drunk guy, or someone running for whatever reasons would come by and possibly push me into the water.

I'd do it! Heights used to bother me but they don't anymore. I got into rock climbing and that really broke me of being afraid. After you've been 500 foot up on an overhang for free, washing windows and getting paid would be a relief!

On a side not, I HATE standing on a ladder:confused: