Virginia School Outlaws High Fives, Hugs

This HAS to be a public school right? Only a public school could possibly have the leadership that would rise to this level of silliness and incompetence.

Yes, its a public school inside the DC Beltway. This was big news in Northern Virginia when they first announced it, but it quickly went away. Maybe this civil disobedience will get this stupidity some attention.

I remember in high school when they installed metal detectors that I was kind of shocked.

I went to high school in Jacksonville, FL. I didn't go to an inner city school, it was school in the Beaches area and very nice. They just felt the need to overreact to small incidents.

You see stuff like this, all you can do is laugh. YEP, that will stop bad things from happening. :lol:

Just amazing how far downhill things have gotten in the last 15 years.

STUPID.... schools are becoming way out of control with this stuff. Teachers don't think about how stupid it is to actually "charge" some of these kids with some of the stuff they are charging them with too! The teachers could just squash it at their level at it would never be heard about, like try this....DON'T ENFORCE IT....but there will be some teacher who will have to try out the new rule on some straight A student who hugs a kid...IGNORANT...gotta stop...blood pressure is rising :madman: