Junior Griffey....

Junior would have absolutely been knee deep in the conversation for greatest offensive player of All-Time. However, I'll say this, one of the greatest offensive players of all-time stopped playing a few years ago and no one would think to mention him in the conversation -- a shame. ;) :sssh:

SportzAddict, I assume you meant he was All-Century in his 20's....not all Decade. Right?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I'll say this, one of the greatest offensive players of all-time stopped playing a few years ago and no one would think to mention him in the conversation -- a shame. ;) :sssh:

I'll mention him. Eddie Murray :thumb:

I'll mention him. Eddie Murray :thumb:

Great, great player. But......not who I was thinking of. Think BETTER all-around offensive player.

CSHS -- you are ineligible from adding to this conversation because we just talked about him at lunch. And yes, while I know you hate the guy, I also know you tip your faded UK hat in his direction as far as greatness. :p:D

Great, great player. But......not who I was thinking of. Think BETTER all-around offensive player.

CSHS -- you are ineligible from adding to this conversation because we just talked about him at lunch. And yes, while I know you hate the guy, I also know you tip your faded UK hat in his direction as far as greatness. :p:D

It's awfully hard to find a much Better all-around offensive player than Murray. The only twoI can think of that I would even consider would be Mr. Padre, or the tall one from Minnesota.

Tell that to Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, all of which hit their prime very late in. I'd say it's not that far fetched, but with the injuries it's irrellavent.

See, I chose not to lump the Kid in with 3 guys who went the wrong way in order to enhance their numbers. I wouldn't call it "hitting their prime" but , rather, "juicing."

I have no hate for anyone. Well, almost anyone.

Big fan of Ricky. Where'd this "hate" stuff come from?

I took a different approach. Projecting his career averages over his 19 years assuming that he played in all 162 games his totals at the end of this season would be as follows:

2010 Runs (10th), 3623 Hits (5th), 614 2B (11th), 48 3B ( 500+), 774 HR (1st), 2207 RBI (3rd), 1493 BB (18th), 241 SB (228th).

Perhaps using 162 games per year is a bit unrealistic, but he has lost 4 1/2 years worth of games over his career due to injury. A healthy Griffey would compare favorablly to anyone.

You and UKMF have two completely different things. You all are seperated by almost 700 or more hits. That's crazy. I would think that the other projection is more realistic but I dunno.

There was also this guy named Willie Mays who was a pretty amazing offensive player. Hung around a few years too long and cost himself a few percentages in his final career BA, but in his prime, not sure there would be many, if any, better.

:ylsuper:
That's what I figured, I was actually just looking at some of his numbers yesterday, for no reason, he had so many sreasons with an OBP of .400+ it's sick. Add on almost 300 HR's and a million SB's. Oh and over 3000 hits.

Freak.