Summer Games at Ryle

Have these games started yet? Who is playing? How have the teams looked if the games have started?

I am pretty sure they started this past Monday. I heard SK looked pretty good. I know they beat Scott pretty badly.

IMO: these games are a waste of time because teams are playing the same ones they will play during the regular season and this does not help the kids by doing this. N.KY coaches should be playing teams from across the state during the summer which would help them out a lot.

I am pretty sure they started this past Monday. I heard SK looked pretty good. I know they beat Scott pretty badly.

IMO: these games are a waste of time because teams are playing the same ones they will play during the regular season and this does not help the kids by doing this. N.KY coaches should be playing teams from across the state during the summer which would help them out a lot.

Against SK, Boone lost the first half by 4 and won the second half by 2. Boone had the ball with 20 seconds left in the game, but since the score was being kept by half, they didn't try to score.

Boone won both halves against Scott by a lot.

Boone played in Lexington Catholic's team camp yesterday, defeating Lexington Lafayette by 7, Lexington Catholic by 2 (although an error by the clock keeper showed a tie at the end of regulation, and Lex Cath hit a free frow in sudden death), and lost to Mason County by 14 (this game was a 4-5 point game until a few minutes to go).

Boone plays in the NKU camp this weekend. They play Fairfield and Springsboro Friday and Oak Hills and Buckeye and a team from down in KY Saturday.

Next week, Boone plays Ryle and Ludlow.

The following weekend, they are in the state AAU tournament in a pool with Cordia, Boyle County, and Knox Central.

I agree it is better to play teams you don't normally see in the preseason.

Playing basketball and trying to improve is a waste of time? I agree that it could be better to be playing teams from around the state, but don't really see how this is a complete waste of time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again on here. The only value to summer basketball is individual development. Final scores or who won what half are meaningless. If a coach is playing to win first and not develop, he's wasting everyone's time.

Playing basketball and trying to improve is a waste of time? I agree that it could be better to be playing teams from around the state, but don't really see how this is a complete waste of time.

These teams are not improving by playing local N. KY teams all the time. You only get better by playing top notch teams and N. Ky has very few in the area to play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again on here. The only value to summer basketball is individual development. Final scores or who won what half are meaningless. If a coach is playing to win first and not develop, he's wasting everyone's time.

Agree. Most teams I see have been rotating all of their players generously.

I tend to agree that summer ball is more about individual development and gives the coaches an opportunity to see how prepared kids are who might be stepping up a level (frosh-JV, JV-Varsity).

Definitely not a predictor for how the season will actually turn out. I have always found the Ryle league to be convenient and well run and just a good opportunity to play a few games.

I think in Scott's case they have quite a few kids who will be getting their first extensive varsity playing time next season due to a senior laden team last season. No matter who they will be playing this summer they will be on a learning curve.

Boone County should be fun to watch with a lot of that young talent having a years experience. I have heard that they are relatively deep with good talent on the JV level as well.

Does anyone have a schedule for next weeks games at Ryle?

Against SK, Boone lost the first half by 4 and won the second half by 2. Boone had the ball with 20 seconds left in the game, but since the score was being kept by half, they didn't try to score.

Boone won both halves against Scott by a lot.

Boone played in Lexington Catholic's team camp yesterday, defeating Lexington Lafayette by 7, Lexington Catholic by 2 (although an error by the clock keeper showed a tie at the end of regulation, and Lex Cath hit a free frow in sudden death), and lost to Mason County by 14 (this game was a 4-5 point game until a few minutes to go).

Boone plays in the NKU camp this weekend. They play Fairfield and Springsboro Friday and Oak Hills and Buckeye and a team from down in KY Saturday.

Next week, Boone plays Ryle and Ludlow.

The following weekend, they are in the state AAU tournament in a pool with Cordia, Boyle County, and Knox Central.

I agree it is better to play teams you don't normally see in the preseason.

Do you know if Mason County had Darius Miller my understanding is he wasnt playing with them this summer due to traveling aau games.And how Mason do at the LexCath camp thanks for any info.

I think in Scott's case they have quite a few kids who will be getting their first extensive varsity playing time next season due to a senior laden team last season. No matter who they will be playing this summer they will be on a learning curve.

This is correct. The team will be heavy with juniors on next years team. I believe they only had 2 (or 3) players that will be seniors next year. They will have a tough time next year, but the 08-09 class should be very good. A very solid group of Freshman from last season should be coming on as well.

Do you know if Mason County had Darius Miller my understanding is he wasnt playing with them this summer due to traveling aau games.And how Mason do at the LexCath camp thanks for any info.

Miller was not there, but Middleton and their other good player played well. Their team was physical in rebounding. Lots of over the back in the game, but not many fouls or 3 second violations are called in summer games. Not sure how they did in their other games.

I tend to agree that summer ball is more about individual development and gives the coaches an opportunity to see how prepared kids are who might be stepping up a level (frosh-JV, JV-Varsity).

Definitely not a predictor for how the season will actually turn out. I have always found the Ryle league to be convenient and well run and just a good opportunity to play a few games.

Boone County should be fun to watch with a lot of that young talent having a years experience. I have heard that they are relatively deep with good talent on the JV level as well.

Does anyone have a schedule for next weeks games at Ryle?

Boone is very deep in the 2009 and 2010 classes. 4 2010 and 3 2009 players will start and/or play a lot of varsity. The J.V. consists of about 10 from 2010 and a couple from 2009. They are in need of one more 6'4" or better player to complement Earls (6'6") and McFarland (6'5"). Beyond those two, there isn't a lot of size at Boone. They will be good anyway, but with one more decent big man, they could be almost unbeatable in the 9th before too long. Flannery is about 6'2" and could grow to 6'4", so that should help.