Reds file grievance against Nats

I still think it was the right move at the time. As it turns out, it became the one major thing people have against Krivsky. The guy was left a total train wreck. It's going to take time, and Kearns and Lopez had nothing to do with that...

Well I will give ya that. I don't think its so much the trade. Its that Krivsky is an offensive guru.. but a weak pitching scout.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will give ya that. I don't think its so much the trade. Its that Krivsky is an offensive guru.. but a weak pitching scout.

He was the lead scout in the Liriano/Nathan/Bonzer for AJ trade. He knows pitching. The problem is teams are no longer trading valuable bullpen arms right now. When there isn't much on the market, you can only do so much...

So lets say MLB agrees with the Reds. What's the remedy?

My best guess would be a financial penalty against Washington. They aren't going to give back players, maybe they can give the Reds the Nationals 22nd and 23rd round draft pick in the MLB draft. :lol:

He was the lead scout in the Liriano/Nathan/Bonzer for AJ trade. He knows pitching. The problem is teams are no longer trading valuable bullpen arms right now. When there isn't much on the market, you can only do so much...

He knows pitching, thats why he gave Todd " I should have only been in the bigs for a cup of" Coffey a raise and contract extension. Yea great move!

He knows pitching, thats why he gave Todd " I should have only been in the bigs for a cup of" Coffey a raise and contract extension. Yea great move!

For a team you're fed up with, you sure spend a lot of time hitting all the talking points... :rolleyes:

Thats what this forum is for.

Perhaps you are in the market for a new team. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Red Sox - Quality, historic AL team with a new, fun, Japanese pitcher. Sure to provide hours upon hours of enjoyment and you can even complain about the Yankees!

2. Brewers - Wow! They are really slammin' it! Hitch up to the band-wagon where you'll never have to worry about another embarrassing Reds' loss. You can purchase your Bill Hall jersey here.

3. Nationals - They have, apparently, everything that you like, or liked rather, about the Reds.

You have yet told me where I am incorrect in my assessment of the Reds. What point would you like to discuss. Bring it

You want everyone fired. You want new ownership after only 15 months. You want Rome built in a day. I get it...

You want everyone fired. You want new ownership after only 15 months. You want Rome built in a day. I get it...

I will restate one of my earlier posts about Rome. Rome wasn't built in a day, but there was a day in which it began, that day is not yet here for the Reds. You keep telling me what I think , but I have yet to hear your opinion. I can put words in your mouth as you come off to be in favor of what is happening with this team, however you really haven't supported that, so I really don't know where you stand. My opinion is things are bad in Redsdom and wholesale changes are in order to rectify the situation.

My opinion has been clear. The wholesale changes were made and it's time to fight through the storm of rebuilding. For 15 years this franchise has produced marginal talent at best. That's what we're dealing with. Truth be told there is a good chance staying in it last year even damaged the process. Instead of selling on a few parts for more young talent they had to go get what they needed to contend. End result hasn't been great to right now, but they showed 100% they would pull the trigger for the problems that needed fixed if they were in it. This year is flat out better talent that is shooting itself in the foot over and over in close loses. They aren't getting killed. They aren't getting run off the field. So you can support overreacting to your hearts content. It makes no sense. But go ahead. Fire 'em all. Start over before the rebuilding can really begin. Great plan...

I am as negative as the next person when it comes to this team. They have some pieces there. This team may not be loaded with all star quality talent, but they got some guys who they can build around. Griffey's contract will be up next year and they will be free of that albatross, will be interesting to see what steps they take in a possible long term Dunn contract.

Harang is 29, Arroyo is 30, Belisle is just 26 and only has 19 career starts.

Brandon Phillips is 25, Freel is 31, Hamilton is 25. I don't know how long they might keep Gonzalez at short, but he is 30. You have got pieces here and there to make this team at least somewhat contending. We just need to see what this team does at the trade deadline and what they will do in free agency if this season ends the way it has started. I'm willing to give the front office more time to put things together, I think Narron's time has passed and a new leader needs to be brought in.