Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds file grievance against Nats

Featured Replies

I will restate one of my earlier posts about Rome. Rome wasn't built in a day, but there was a day in which it began, that day is not yet here for the Reds. You keep telling me what I think , but I have yet to hear your opinion. I can put words in your mouth as you come off to be in favor of what is happening with this team, however you really haven't supported that, so I really don't know where you stand. My opinion is things are bad in Redsdom and wholesale changes are in order to rectify the situation.

 

I would agree. Most Reds fans don't care that this new ownership has only been in place for 15 months, only that this past 15 months has to date netted the same results of previous Reds management (a poor performing team). Is Castellini the best owner the Reds have had in a while? Sure. Is 15 months enough time to do a complete 180? Probably not. But ultimately we are one-quarter of the way into what appears to be yet another miserable Reds season and it is hard to pointpoint anything to indicate that a turnaround is on the immediate horizon.

 

My two cents - which is probably worth less than a penny - is that after the Reds kick Milton out the door, Dunn and Griffey have to go. This teams just needs too much and can't tie up $20+M on a poor fielding, low average, strikeout specialist and a 38 year old, oft-injured, remnant-of-what-he once-was player (yes, he is having a great year - full props to him, but the money is needed elsewhere).

 

OK, gametime, go ahead and rip me. ;)

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This year is flat out better talent that is shooting itself in the foot over and over in close loses.

 

OK, maybe. But there does certainly come a point when "flat out better talent that shoots itself in the foot over and over" is redefined as NOT "flat out better talent." 40 games? Maybe not. But it would be nice to see this better talent, if that is truly what it is, actually start to produce something meaningful. Surely you have to agree with that?

My two cents - which is probably worth less than a penny - is that after the Reds kick Milton out the door, Dunn and Griffey have to go. This teams just needs too much and can't tie up $20+M on a poor fielding, low average, strikeout specialist and a 38 year old, oft-injured, remnant-of-what-he once-was player (yes, he is having a great year - full props to him, but the money is needed elsewhere).

 

OK, gametime, go ahead and rip me. ;)

I agree with most of this. That's why I thought Votto moving to LF was significant. The structure of this team is all wrong, and it's flat out going to take some time to fix. I agree Narron should be on the way out, but what does doing it now get us? An interim skipper that should easily improve the record and get an extension. We all know how that works. Settle in for a rough season. Look for some young talent added through trades in July and August. Replace Narron at the end of the season and go after a real manager. There are plenty of reasons to optomistic about Bob and Wayne. How about we as fans help them make it work and not sabotage the plan???

My opinion has been clear. The wholesale changes were made and it's time to fight through the storm of rebuilding. For 15 years this franchise has produced marginal talent at best. That's what we're dealing with. Truth be told there is a good chance staying in it last year even damaged the process. Instead of selling on a few parts for more young talent they had to go get what they needed to contend. End result hasn't been great to right now, but they showed 100% they would pull the trigger for the problems that needed fixed if they were in it. This year is flat out better talent that is shooting itself in the foot over and over in close loses. They aren't getting killed. They aren't getting run off the field. So you can support overreacting to your hearts content. It makes no sense. But go ahead. Fire 'em all. Start over before the rebuilding can really begin. Great plan...

I am all for rebuilding and how long that might take, I don't think they have the right people in place to do so. I disagree about this team having better talent. The talk of we're competing and not getting killed is defeatest. I guess we'll see. But if this team winds up with a 100 loss season, I just don't see how you defend that as a positve. Tomorrow dude, I'm out:flame:

OK, maybe. But there does certainly come a point when "flat out better talent that shoots itself in the foot over and over" is redefined as NOT "flat out better talent." 40 games? Maybe not. But it would be nice to see this better talent, if that is truly what it is, actually start to produce something meaningful. Surely you have to agree with that?

And I do agree. Just saying the hard line stance is left for teams getting killed every night. Not a team that can't seem to escape even one mistake on most nights so far...

I agree with most of this. That's why I thought Votto moving to LF was significant. The structure of this team is all wrong, and it's flat out going to take some time to fix. I agree Narron should be on the way out, but what does doing it now get us? An interim skipper that should easily improve the record and get an extension. We all know how that works. Settle in for a rough season. Look for some young talent added through trades in July and August. Replace Narron at the end of the season and go after a real manager. There are plenty of reasons to optomistic about Bob and Wayne. How about we as fans help them make it work and not sabotage the plan???

How many games have you been too. :D :sssh:

I agree with most of this. That's why I thought Votto moving to LF was significant. The structure of this team is all wrong, and it's flat out going to take some time to fix. I agree Narron should be on the way out, but what does doing it now get us? An interim skipper that should easily improve the record and get an extension. We all know how that works. Settle in for a rough season. Look for some young talent added through trades in July and August. Replace Narron at the end of the season and go after a real manager. There are plenty of reasons to optomistic about Bob and Wayne. How about we as fans help them make it work and not sabotage the plan???

 

But if, as you said, Narron has to go (and I couldn't agree more), then why keep him around now? Find yourself the next manager and let him start to get settled in with his players and management so that he can provide some meaningful input into the rebuilding process. I just don't see how you are doing anything but forestalling this turnaround process by keeping around a deadweight manager. And, if nothing else, it would at least give frustrated Reds fans - which pretty much includes everyone on this forum - the feeling that big changes are a-comin' and some small ray of hope for the future.

How many games have you been too. :D :sssh:

None yet. These quick home stands have included putting my brother and great aunt in the ground and work...

But if, as you said, Narron has to go (and I couldn't agree more), then why keep him around now? Find yourself the next manager and let him start to get settled in with his players and management so that he can provide some meaningful input into the rebuilding process. I just don't see how you are doing anything but forestalling this turnaround process by keeping around a deadweight manager. And, if nothing else, it would at least give frustrated Reds fans - which pretty much includes everyone on this forum - the feeling that big changes are a-comin' and some small ray of hope for the future.

I've seen this plan here a few times now, and it has yet to work...

None yet. These quick home stands have included putting my brother and great aunt in the ground and work...

Geesh it was just a joke.

Geesh it was just a joke.

Sensitive topic...

Sensitive topic...

Well obviously but I wasn't aware that was in the same time line as the Reds home stands.

Well obviously but I wasn't aware that was in the same time line as the Reds home stands.

I would have much rather been watching the Reds blow a close game... ;)

I would have much rather been watching the Reds blow a close game... ;)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I'm sure they saved a few for ya. :D

And GT is right bringing in a new manager will just put us back in the same spot as the last 2 times we did that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.