$3.30

Sportz Addict

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad when we all know what the thread is about from just the title!

You got that right!

Bush had a chance to sign the democrat bill that would have taxed the oil compaines heavily when the price of oil is over 50 per barrel. This would have FORCED them to keep the price under 50, so they could profit what would still have been BILLIONS of dollars. They could easily do this buy opening up some supply, instead the keep it extremely thin to jack the price up and up. Instead, he's just letting them get richer. We would have been paying 2.50 and they still make billions but Bush said no.

Bush is the biggest advocate for the democratic party in 08/09.

What do you want Bush to do about gas prices give it up people.

I guess you missed my above post? He could show the oil companies who is in charge. Right now they are. It shouldn't be like that. Of course if I had a stake in billion dollar profits I would let them keep going up also.

Every time you gas up your vehicle and that hose locks into the tank, you, American person, are getting hosed. The energy scam we are presently experiencing is one smooth operation. This time the Arabs aren't raising prices on barrels of oil. This time it's not saber-rattling from Iran that is driving up the price of gas. No, this time the problems are in Whiting, Indiana and Norco, Louisiana.

There are oil refineries in both those towns, and they've had a few annoying problems. A little power outage here, a small fire there. And whenever the speculators hear of any problem in an American refinery, they bid the price of oil up. The oil companies see that and immediately tell your gas station guy to charge more.

There has not been a new oil refinery built in the United States since 1976. Conservatives say the environmental people are blocking construction. There is some truth to that, but the biggest problem in building more refineries is money. Big oil doesn't want to spend billions on a new facility because they are making record profits now, and alternative energies may be coming. The oil barons love the slow-downs in Whiting and Norco, especially when they occur at the start of the summer driving season. Let the profit party begin.

That's why I'm proud to say I don't drive and haven't been behind the wheel of a car since January of 1995. Granted I have had to sacrifice a life, walks in 200 degree heat and unable to get up and go whenever I want.

But even though I'm a hermit with no friends, I'm sending a message to THE MAN! :lol:

That's why I'm proud to say I don't drive and haven't been behind the wheel of a car since January of 1995. Granted I have had to sacrifice a life, walks in 200 degree heat and unable to get up and go whenever I want.

But even though I'm a hermit with no friends, I'm sending a message to THE MAN! :lol:

You are doing more then what a lot of us who can do stuff.... won't do. And you have plenty of friends on here. I like reading your post.

You got that right!

Bush had a chance to sign the democrat bill that would have taxed the oil compaines heavily when the price of oil is over 50 per barrel. This would have FORCED them to keep the price under 50, so they could profit what would still have been BILLIONS of dollars. They could easily do this buy opening up some supply, instead the keep it extremely thin to jack the price up and up. Instead, he's just letting them get richer. We would have been paying 2.50 and they still make billions but Bush said no.

Bush is the biggest advocate for the democratic party in 08/09.

So far Bush has vetoed 2 bills and this wasn't one of them. You're stretching.

Big oil doesn't want to spend billions on a new facility because they are making record profits now, and alternative energies may be coming. The oil barons love the slow-downs in Whiting and Norco, especially when they occur at the start of the summer driving season. Let the profit party begin.

Why does "big oil" have to be the ones spending the money. You act like they are the only people who could possibly open up a refinery. In a free market, any group of investors should be able to open up a refinery, that's not the case here.