Team Entrances

I might be a bit of a homer but I think Johnson Centrals is the best that I have ever witnessed. After the coin toss they play to phrase out of the "Rudy" movie, " No one and I mean no one comes into our house and pushes us around." Then the team runs through a tunnel with smoke and fireworks going off as they play the song by Drowning Pool "Let the Bodies hit the floor." Pretty impressive for a high school entrance IMO.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's not too shabby walking through the hallway leading from the locker room as a player!!!!!! To think that the history and tradition,players and coaches that have walked that same path is a pretty special feeling. If you don't get jacked from that, then there is something wrong with you. Only the special few will ever know what it feels like!!!!:ylsuper:

I agree with you on that BOOM!:ylsuper:

Don't know if this would work for highschool, but a college game I attended last year - bagpipers led the team from the locker room to the playing field. The players, all 80+, walked in pairs for about a 1/4 mile to the field. Very somber and impressive... The cool part, you could hear the team marching from the time they left the locker room.

I'm not saying you're incorrect BUT at every Trinity game I can recall they run from the end zone to the sideline and pray. Please feel free to correct me with any specific examples.

On another note Trinity used to have a large sign over the gate that they entered their field on. It had some great things about Trinity on it. Record 50 game winning streak, number of state championships, etc. When Marshall Stadium was built it was removed. One thing that I don't like about Marshall Stadium is that no where inside it is there any indication of Trinity's football history. Rather then the Power T under the scoreboard I would love to see the years of Trinity's championships, retired numbers etc.

I vividly remember Trinity danicing on the logo at Seneca this past year. It is possible that it was after the game, but my point was that it would be hypocritical for T fans to complain about people doing it to them.

the 2005 Newport Wildcats had a nice entrance... they would walk out of the locker room and into a tent full of smoke and once there is enough smoke to where you can't see the person next to you they would run onto the field with the smoke rolling out and "Welcome to the Jungle" being played....

I know that Highland's has to have the shortest walk of any school.

If it is any shorter of a walk than OHS's, they have to be on the field! At OHS they open the fieldhouse door and walk onto the sideline by the enzone.