Team Entrances

Danville actually did this in 93. Unfortunately Prestonsburg upset us that night and coach Harp wouldn't allow it anymore after that.

What about break downs. I know that Breathit fan talked about there breakdown.

Coach Harp gets the team around him on the sidleline and breaks it down on "Road to State".

Mayfield does a pretty cool thing with firetrucks going around the stadium loaded with cheerleaders and fans; it is a sight to see. When someone somewhere figures out how to turn off the stadium lights and use a spotlight and smoke, watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayfield does a pretty cool thing with firetrucks going around the stadium loaded with cheerleaders and fans; it is a sight to see. When someone somewhere figures out how to turn off the stadium lights and use a spotlight and smoke, watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?? I don't think I have ever seen this entrance you are talking about, are you talking about Mayfield, KY?? :confused:

Euless Trinity Trojans! They perform the "Haka" dance before their games. Videos can be found on youtube as well. Its really neat, and definetly has to intimidate the other team.

Besides Tx. Football, I would have to say Harlan's isn't to shabby for a Class "A" team. White smoke fills the tunnel beneath the stadium and hundreds of fans line up infront of and behind a large sign to form a spirit line, and the players proceed to run through the tunnel, appear from out of nowhere in the smoke, burst through the sign and jump up and down in a circle chanting "Dragons!". Really neat experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know if this would work for highschool, but a college game I attended last year - bagpipers led the team from the locker room to the playing field. The players, all 80+, walked in pairs for about a 1/4 mile to the field. Very somber and impressive... The cool part, you could hear the team marching from the time they left the locker room.

Last year when Mercer County played Boyle County, the Titans were led from the new Sports Complex onto the field with bagpipers - it was pretty cool. They carried the huge sword (that has been become a tradition now) and put it in the large stone at the corner of the endzone and all the players have a hand on it before they take the field. There is a video clip I saw somewhere, I'll ask around and try to post it.

The best entrance I have seen would be Whitley Co. Their players run on the field through a huge blown up WC helmet that's filled with smoke......just like the pro's do in the Super Bowl...it's pretty cool.

I might be bias, but HHS's Cannon Blast as the Players break the Prep Banner is by far the most "explosive" entrance also sends emotional chills through every fan and player.

Also brings a bit of a suprise to visiting teams/fans that are not aware of the big bang.