Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Batman and Robin Sighting in Minnesota

Featured Replies

Yep....It's truly said. If you go the Gophers Rivals website, it's overrun with UK "fans", bashing Tubby....How pathetic of lives do these people seriously lead?

:thumb: I'm glad to hear a UK fan say that.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like they're working hard already:

Tubby and Saul have always worked hard throughout their careers so I don't expect that to change.

I think it is a great honor for a father and son to have the opportunity to coach together. Not very many get that chance.

I wish the Smith family nothing but the best.

A priceless moment????????

 

 

Minnesota vs UK this years NCAA tourney

perhaps a 12 vs 4 match up?

 

 

 

Dont care who wins and am not a fan of either.

 

 

OH the fun on Bluegrass preps!!!!!:D

Saul was not a great basketball player - nobody can deny that. But, he worked hard, was a leader & played with a lot of heart. In all honesty, he is exactly what the last Tubby teams were missing from the point guard position.

 

With that said, he just wasn't talented enough to compete in the level that Kentucky (and Kentucky fans) wanted to and expected to compete on. But, I think that will actually help him as a basketball coach. He knows the game and is the son of a coach. He grew up around basketball and played at a very high level. He'll make an excellent coach, but I sure wouldn't want him walking into my living room for an in-home visit with that haircut. ;)

 

I agree 100% with all that you said.

Sometimes the best coaches were not very good players. They were more students of the game.

Saul was not a great basketball player - nobody can deny that. But, he worked hard, was a leader & played with a lot of heart. In all honesty, he is exactly what the last Tubby teams were missing from the point guard position.

 

With that said, he just wasn't talented enough to compete in the level that Kentucky (and Kentucky fans) wanted to and expected to compete on. But, I think that will actually help him as a basketball coach. He knows the game and is the son of a coach. He grew up around basketball and played at a very high level. He'll make an excellent coach, but I sure wouldn't want him walking into my living room for an in-home visit with that haircut. ;)

 

:thumb:

I wonder how long the Tubby bashing will continue???:rolleyes:

Until Tubby beats UK at Minnesota...:sssh:

I wonder how long the Tubby bashing will continue???:rolleyes:

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, just for the record, I would LOVE to have a kid on U.K. that played with the heart and desire that Saul Smith did. I liked him and the way he played and represented U.K.. Saul took unbelievable abuse from the fans and all unwarranted bc he was Tubby's son. That really shows class out of some of these people :rolleyes: and not to mention brining it up this many years later (about Saul).:irked:

Yep....It's truly said. If you go the Gophers Rivals website, it's overrun with UK "fans", bashing Tubby....How pathetic of lives do these people seriously lead?

:thumb: :thumb: Very well said, excelent post.:thumb:

I think Saul will be a fine coach and while I was ready for Tubby to leave it is sad that he's gone and some still can't let it go. It must be a great feeling to be able to mentor your son on a daily basis. Man I could hear it now if he had stayed and hired Saul who I guarantee will work circles around Reggie Hanson.

:thumb: Greart post pigman, I agree. I was and still am a Tubby supporter but I can certainly appreciate what you said. It wouldn't take a whole lot to outwork Hansen or Rigot. I can only imagine the abuse that Saul would have taken if Tubby would had stayed and brought him in or even tried to bring him in. I will continue to support Tubby at Minnesota as I will support Gillispie at U.K., I am a U.K. fan first and foremost and always will be.

I agree Saul was not the most talented player to ever play at UK. However he was no where near as bad as a lot of OTSB's think. Saul got after it every minute he played, he dove for loose balls, fought for position against bigger players and hit some key shot during his time at UK. I feel the tenacity that he displayed as a player will serve him very well as an asst. coach. I wish Saul and Tubby much luck and success.

I agree Saul was not the most talented player to ever play at UK. However he was no where near as bad as a lot of OTSB's think. Saul got after it every minute he played, he dove for loose balls, fought for position against bigger players and hit some key shot during his time at UK. I feel the tenacity that he displayed as a player will serve him very well as an asst. coach. I wish Saul and Tubby much luck and success.

 

 

:thumb: Well said....From everything I've heard Saul was a very personable guy. I think he may do well on the recruiting trail.

Yep....It's truly said. If you go the Gophers Rivals website, it's overrun with UK "fans", bashing Tubby....How pathetic of lives do these people seriously lead?

 

 

Wow, the man moved on, so should the bashers....:rolleyes:

I agree Saul was not the most talented player to ever play at UK. However he was no where near as bad as a lot of OTSB's think. Saul got after it every minute he played, he dove for loose balls, fought for position against bigger players and hit some key shot during his time at UK. I feel the tenacity that he displayed as a player will serve him very well as an asst. coach. I wish Saul and Tubby much luck and success.

:thumb: :thumb: Great Post!

I agree Saul was not the most talented player to ever play at UK. However he was no where near as bad as a lot of OTSB's think. Saul got after it every minute he played, he dove for loose balls, fought for position against bigger players and hit some key shot during his time at UK. I feel the tenacity that he displayed as a player will serve him very well as an asst. coach. I wish Saul and Tubby much luck and success.

 

Agree as well :thumb: .... Always was a fan of Saul Smith for that reason.

What a dream...less pressure and a chance to give your son a job. Priceless?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.