Batman and Robin Sighting in Minnesota

Wireman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saul was not a great basketball player - nobody can deny that. But, he worked hard, was a leader & played with a lot of heart. In all honesty, he is exactly what the last Tubby teams were missing from the point guard position.

With that said, he just wasn't talented enough to compete in the level that Kentucky (and Kentucky fans) wanted to and expected to compete on. But, I think that will actually help him as a basketball coach. He knows the game and is the son of a coach. He grew up around basketball and played at a very high level. He'll make an excellent coach, but I sure wouldn't want him walking into my living room for an in-home visit with that haircut. ;)

And true.

And how is that? The expectations at Minnesota are nowhere near as high as they are here at UK. He could probably make the NCAA tournament every other year at Minnesota, and they would love him...But they are really going to love him here alot soon, because he will have them as a team that always makes the tournament and wins atleast 20 games a year and they will go crazy for him...

Now as for Saul, alot of GREAT coaches were not very good players...

I think Saul will be a fine coach and while I was ready for Tubby to leave it is sad that he's gone and some still can't let it go. It must be a great feeling to be able to mentor your son on a daily basis. Man I could hear it now if he had stayed and hired Saul who I guarantee will work circles around Reggie Hanson.

And how is that? The expectations at Minnesota are nowhere near as high as they are here at UK. He could probably make the NCAA tournament every other year at Minnesota, and they would love him...But they are really going to love him here alot soon, because he will have them as a team that always makes the tournament and wins atleast 20 games a year and they will go crazy for him...

Now as for Saul, alot of GREAT coaches were not very good players...

What do you mean how is that? I simply stated that it would be true that if Saul couldn't coach any better than he played that Tubby would be out the door. If Saul doesn't make a good coach then Tubby will already be heading in the direction he was going at UK. Surrounding yourself with inferior coaches because of the loyalty you feel toward them. Not a knock on Tubby, the guy can flat coach, he just needs to be careful with the coaches he surronds himself with. But then again you are right it's Minn. basketball, so no one cares.

I'll bash Tubby at any given time I want, when I see the opportunity, and if I see it to be appropriate. The key word being (I).

And I hope that answers any questions about my dislike for OTS.