What in the world does Greenup do now?

Guest ANON

I know the 'big' people discussed above....what I believe is that they were really mad about being 'used'. The committee was comprimised, as it ususally is at GCHS, so the principle knew who would be selected before it even started.

The 'big' members were out numbered from the start. I don't blame them for being upset. The two 'big' members are both very good individuals and didn't deserve this. They don't want anything but the best for the school.

Why does the county have such a line drawn? Well, look at who is where,

The Super, Principal, Vice Principal, 2nd Vice Principal, AD, Football Coach, and up until recently, the Baseball Coach are all from the West End.

Just where did that put Hicks?

Wrong end!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the 'big' people discussed above....what I believe is that they were really mad about being 'used'. The committee was comprimised, as it ususally is at GCHS, so the principle knew who would be selected before it even started.

The 'big' members were out numbered from the start. I don't blame them for being upset. The two 'big' members are both very good individuals and didn't deserve this. They don't want anything but the best for the school.

The Super, Principal, Vice Principal, 2nd Vice Principal, AD, Football Coach, and up until recently, the Baseball Coach are all from the West End.

Wrong end!

The last time I checked the state laws the principal (not principle) has the right to hire whoever he or she wants. GSK.

Why should the best candidate be deprived of the job because a couple of people did not get their way?

Your West End comment is exactly why GC has the problems it does have. Why does it matter where someone is from in the county? Unreal.

Is Leach West End or East End? That might be more important than his coaching ability.

:cry: :cry: :cry: It is people like you that keeps all this East and West stirred up. How about we drop all this bull crap, quit stirring the pot, support the team and our NEW COACH.

Wrong end!

Since coaching positions are awarded what amount to one year contracts renewable at the pleasure of the school, how can the courts force GC to make him their coach again? Seems like Coach Leach is just that...COACH Leach. As for which end Hicks is from, I know he's not from Greenup County. rather, I believe, Harlan County so that is a moot point. As for which end he acts like, that's easy...the north bound end of a south bound horse.

Best wishes to Coach Hicks. Although he seems to have little or no support from the most easterly part of the county as well as the westerly part of the county, he does have many supporters among the rest of the area.

Not in this end of the region. His antics take away from the kids and game. he is generally considered a joke.

All of this drama over a low-profile, high school coaching position. I could care less about the recruiting issues (if there even are any issues). The man should have been let go a long time ago for his sideline antics and his anger problems. Very classless approach to teaching young, impressionable boys the game of basketball. He needs to gracefully bow out and leave if he gave a crap about the current and future students of GCHS. The rep of the school is at an all time low, which is too bad because there is so much potential in the school system. I hate it for Greenup County.

I can't figure out what the reason is for all of this legal action. Does Hicks actually want his job back?

All of this drama over a low-profile, high school coaching position. I could care less about the recruiting issues (if there even are any issues). The man should have been let go a long time ago for his sideline antics and his anger problems. Very classless approach to teaching young, impressionable boys the game of basketball. He needs to gracefully bow out and leave if he gave a crap about the current and future students of GCHS. The rep of the school is at an all time low, which is too bad because there is so much potential in the school system. I hate it for Greenup County.

I can't figure out what the reason is for all of this legal action. Does Hicks actually want his job back?

According to the wording in your second sentence, you are concerned about the recruiting issues. What are your concerns?

Food for thought for all the adults in the Greenup County area. Your young people are watching your actions and listening to what you are saying about their school and their community. Be careful what you teach them, for they will carry these lessons through life as they grow into adults! You can teach them right things or wrong things...........and it appears to me that the lessons they are learning from this forum are not what they should be learning. Rally together and solve YOUR community issues. Move forward quickly! Your kids are watching your every move........