A Rod with another walk off HR.

A-Rod hits is 2nd walk off HR in 2 weeks, is this guy on fire or what? Imo he is absoutley the early and leading cantidate for AL MVP. This early start doesn't mean that he will do this all season but it does mean that he is off to an amazing start. A-Rod is out to prove himself in NY and it looks like that he is taking no prisoners. He may be ready to re claim the "best player in baseball" tag that was on him. What are everyone thoughts on this?

Of course, if he has a bad series this weekend vs, te BoSox, he will be a bum all over again in NY.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing insane right now! The real question is--why pitch to him last night? First base was open, for goodness sakes! Cleveland deserved to lose for that bone head move.

That is a great question. I know Giambi is swinging a good bat and the bases would have been loaded but man, A Rod is just in a whole other world right now.

A-Rod is on pace for the best season of his career. The year he hit 57 homeruns and had 154 R.B.I, h only had 6 HR and like 13 R.B.I at this point. IMO with the lineup he has surrpunding him, A-Rod is going to do something special this year. If he keeps this pace up, he'l' break Bonds single season record...write that down.

I guess the real question is will he be doing this down the stretch of the season and in postseason. I'm guessing Yankees fans are taking a "wait-and-see" approach on that as well.

But you can't argue that his play hasn't been huge, especially consider the Pinstripes' pitching injury woes.

A-Rod is on pace for the best season of his career. The year he hit 57 homeruns and had 154 R.B.I, h only had 6 HR and like 13 R.B.I at this point. IMO with the lineup he has surrpunding him, A-Rod is going to do something special this year. If he keeps this pace up, he'l' break Bonds single season record...write that down.

That's not too bold of a prediction. If he keeps this pace up he'll hit 116 homeruns and drive in 351 runs. I just don't think he'll keep up this pace.

He is playing insane right now! The real question is--why pitch to him last night? First base was open, for goodness sakes! Cleveland deserved to lose for that bone head move.

Imo maybe it was bc that Giambi was on deck and he had already hit one out and had a double in the game. A-Rod was 0-4. I don't know